Page 1 of 107 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Working out/weightlifting/bodybuilding/exercise...

1. Working out/weightlifting/bodybuilding/exercise...

I know Nash has said that he's a "body sculpter" (his words, not mine ), and I'm a very active, physical person- I lift weights, watch my diet and enjoy doing things like hiking, biking, swimming, rollerblading, tennis, etc. I exercise in the morning before work so I have time when I get home from work at night to engage in my other hobbies. Anyone else here get any sort of exercise? If so, what do you do?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. I'm generally smoking enough PCP at any given time that I really don't gain very much weight.

The drug addiction coupled with the purging I do after every meal keeps me in great physical shape.

3. I just started learning kung fu yesterday. Today I hurt.

4. yup, i lift weights and exercise quite often. it's one of my main passions. i don't use the term "bodybuilder" for myself because i'm not trying to get really big. i'm trying to get moderately big, but really ripped (like a gymnast), thus i call myself a "body sculpter." i actually do have a gymnast physique right now, but i'm thinking about adding ten more pounds.

i used to run every morning, but realized that i couldn't gain weight as fast if i kept burning those calories i take in, so i decided to cut the cardio a bit. however, i still play basketball twice a week, and skateboard everywhere i go.

and while i do watch what i eat, i'm not too neurotic about it. i eat 7 times a day, every two hours, but the portions aren't too big. i usually try to eat only clean food (unprocessed and not greasy), but that takes time to prepare and costs a lot of money in the long run, so i sometimes cheat and go for a burrito or a burger at the local joints.

5. Eh, I'm a busy guy, so I do what I can. Lift weights 3-4 times a week, 6-8 hours of martial arts a week (high impact stuff, not like Tai Chi). I hate running, so I sold my motorcycle, and now I just ride my bike everywhere for a little extra in the cardio department (since I tend to neglect it otherwise). End result, I'm lean and ripped, and my kung-fu is strong...that's good enough for me.

6. Well, I'm trying to keep myself in shape as well. Doing some weight lifting, exercising and swimming. I'm not too big on the running though. Never was.

7. I'm alot like Nash, actually, except I do think of myself as a bodybuilder, and am thinking of entering a competition sometime in the near future. I do next to nothing in the cardio department, and right now my metabolism supports that fairly well. I really don't think I could keep any weight on even doing twenty minutes or so a day.

How much do you weigh Nash? Also, how do you talk so casually about "adding ten more pounds?" I have a helluva time gaining weight, no matter my caloric intake.
    "Tick-tock"

8. I love running, no other type of cardio gets you ripped faster. But I don't want bad knees when I'm 40 or 50, so I try to limit it. I lift weights at least 4 days a week, and train each body part once a week (abs I usually train 3-4 times a week, however). A gymnast physique is kind of my ideal as well, Nash. Big, but not too big, and ripped. Plus, I like the strength increase. Nothing gets you psyched more than lifting a weight that you couldn't last week.

One important thing most people overlook is peoper warming up. I always do 5-10 minutes of light carido followed by stretching of the muscle that's going to be trained. You avoid injury that way.

Originally posted by Apokryphos
    and my kung-fu is strong...that's good enough for me.
    Ah, so your kung-fu is strong...but it's can match against my DEADLY IRON FIST STYLE!

Seriously, though, what style are you taking? And you, kedawa? I used to take martial arts, but the class sucked, adn I left. I knew something was wrong when I was a green belt and was kicking the asses of half the black belts when we would spar. Lately I've been looking into several types of kung-fu, Jeet Kun doo, and akido. I'm not sure which to take.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. I work out almost every day (even if it's only for a few minutes), doing one thing or another, whether it be light weights (I don't want bulk), crunches, or whatever. I also play tennis, and hike local trails (I live 5 minutes from the San Gabriel Mts. north of Los Angeles). I'm 6-2, 195, and would like to get to 185.

I watch what I eat as well. Gotta have the fruits & veggies & grains (and yes, I eat meat, and love it, in case anyone cares).

Nemo: errr, you're joking.....right?

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

10. Originally posted by taloony
    I'm alot like Nash, actually, except I do think of myself as a bodybuilder, and am thinking of entering a competition sometime in the near future. I do next to nothing in the cardio department, and right now my metabolism supports that fairly well. I really don't think I could keep any weight on even doing twenty minutes or so a day.

How much do you weigh Nash? Also, how do you talk so casually about "adding ten more pounds?" I have a helluva time gaining weight, no matter my caloric intake.
    That's so cool that you're thinking of entering a competition! I've been to watch a few local ones.

Me, I'd love to actually be a bodybuilder, but my genetics won't let me. I have trouble gaining a lot size, despite the fact that I train really hard, keep getting stronger, and eat a good amount of food. I mean, I look good, big, but not huge. They say you should eat at least one gram of protien per pound of bodyweight- I'm 6'0" and weigh about 190lbs (decently ripped), and I find it impossible to eat friggin' almost 200 grams of protien a day. I can't do it. Hell, 100 grams is a lot.

Overall, I just like to think of myself as an all-around athlete, as opposed to a bodybuilder.