Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I finally watched Jin-Roh Wolf Brigade

1. I finally watched Jin-Roh Wolf Brigade

Well, We had couple of threads related to this anime on old boards, so its time to bring it back, as I just finally had a chance to watch it today.

So, what can I say, I liked it. Animations is very good, I liked the storyline with all political intrigue and games, and what characters are going through during the course of the film. Red Riding Hood references, and little bit diffrent retelling of this famous strory was also nice.

Even though it didnt had much action, what was there was good. I loved the Special Unit armor and weapons. Those heavy machine guns, kicksed ass. And the damage they did to people was greatly animated. Teh ending was really sad as well, but I liked it.

So, Its definately one of the better anime I watched in a while, and I reccomend it to anyone who havent watched it yet. Just dont expect hight action from this film, its more of a drama, with action elements included.

2. what took you so long?

3. I have a frikin backlog of Anime and Films to watch. Slowly I'm getting through them. I had dvd for like a week and half, and last night I started watching it but fell asleep. SO had to finish it this morning.

Next stop, more SoulTaker and Avalon.

4. I liked Jin Roh as well. I went into it expecting an action movie - boy was I wrong. Even though it didn't have much action, like Despair said, it still was very good. One of the best Anime films I've seen recently.

And I really didn't expect the movie to end like it did. Really good ending though.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

5. Wondering if the extras in the Special Edition are worth the higher price???

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

6. I dont know. I have a HK version It does have intreviews at the end but there are no subs on those.

7. AHHHH! BOOTLEGGER!!!!

8. Originally posted by BioMechanic
    Wondering if the extras in the Special Edition are worth the higher price???
    depends. if you want an awesome soundtrack, an extra disc full of interviews and theatrical trailers, and the spiffy packaging... it's worth it (the extra disc is kind of lacking though). a few of us have already sworn that the soundtrack alone is worth price of admission.

if you don't really care about all that, then pick up the regular edition. it's just the first disc that contains the movie and 4 trailers from viz and bandai.

either way you go, the movie is incredible. the extra stuff just makes it feel a little more special.

9. Hey Ashen, thanks a lot for the input!! Think I'll spring for the extra disc.

10. Originally posted by BioMechanic
    Hey Ashen, thanks a lot for the input!! Think I'll spring for the extra disc.
    you shouldnt need his opinion or anyone elses.. you should of picked it up no matter what