Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Nba

1. Nba

Basketball Season is here - it's been kickin it for a few days - and I'm wondering who is following it. I'm watching the Rockets play the Nemesis (Seattle) and I got to thinking about the good ol Rockets with Dream & later Drexler... those were good days

Anyone else big basketball fans? I used to play in High School (Freshmen only though... I had bad grades and couldn't keep playing later on) and always played in the summer through all my youth (Baseball and Street Hockey too). What do you think about this season? Any predictions? I'm really interested to see what becomes of this Yao Ming fellow... also would like to see if Glen Rice puts it together and if Mobley and Fransis really make something of this team... right now I don't see it geling as a unit... but perhaps that'll change. There's no leadership there yet.

The Magic might be something this year too... and screw the Lakers.. they're no fun.

ºTracer
    o_O

2. GO NETS!!!!!!

Knicks suck ass..horribly

Lakers? the NETS are doing better..i want to see how it will be when Shaq comes back from his toe surgery.

3. Sonics
    Blazers
    Lakers
    Dallas

are going to be four finalist

4. i'm a huge basketball fan, but i don't follow it as much as i used to. i still update myself with what's happening in the NBA, but usually through friends and amerlop here.

i still play basketball (intramural) quite often, but also not as much as i used to.

as for the NBA, i'm gonna root for the mavs again this year. i usually don't root for teams (just players), but they have such a great team that i have to. nowitzki is the man, and nash --- need i say more? as for players, i've always been a kobe fan. i know everyone hates him cuz he's a cocky, michael jordan wannabe, arrogant bastard, who rides shaq's coat-tails, but that's why i like him. he's such a brash punk who really believes that he's great. you gotta love that.

5. Kobe Bryant is one of the best players of all time, period. He may have been a brash punk early in his career, but nowadays he's a seasoned veteran who knows how to kick ass when it's needed(as evidence, his recent TWO STRAIGHT TRIPLE DOUBLES). When Shaq gets back(November 11th), the Lakers will straighten everything out.

Nemesis: Are you really going to leave out the Sacramento Kings? They should have beat LA last year!

6. A.I = Ankles in Intensive care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

7. evidence, his recent TWO STRAIGHT TRIPLE DOUBLES
    DAMN. THAT'S ALMOST THREE TIMES A SINGLE TRIPLE DOUBLE.

He is one of the best in the league as near as I could tell. I stopped following basketball closely a while ago, so I can't say much more than that. If he can finish the season with a triple double average, that'd be something. Didn't Magic Johnson miss it a few times with a 10+ assist season but 9. something boards? I remember when he would get pissed when the Lakers were losing, and not give the ball to anybody. Chick Hearn would say, 'there he goes again. He's scored 18 pts this quarter. Boy, its sad to see him when he gets like this.' Or something like that. =\

hmm. . . I like seeing the CLippers do well though. So many times they had a chance for a good team,but things would fall apart. =\

8. I gave up on the NBA after the Lakers won last year. Phil Jackson makes me ill. The style of gameplay has become shameful. There's too much emphasis on individual players and not on teamwork. The officiating is just horrible and has too much power in directing the flow of the game.

Dallas is the closest thing to how I think basketball should be played - Sacramento does a good job too - but based on the favoring officiating, the team with the star players is going to win, regardless of which team is better.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

9. I'll take T-Mac over Kobe anyday. BTW The Big O's first five season averaged out to a triple double.