Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alien Resurrection

1. I just finished watching the whole Saga for the 3rd time, I love it.

Alien: the only downside is that the movie slow pace, but it's a very good introduction to the Alien.

Aliens: This movie is my second favorite, there are no downside to this movie. The action was a real treat, the introduction of the Queen Alien was the best part of the movie.

Alien 3: Well, I liked this sequel, because it's different. Which made the movie very enjoyable to watch. Plus the movie introduces the dreaded "Dog Alien" or Runner Alien.

Alien Resurrection: Well the movie is really good. The movie sets up a good reintroduction of what they aliens are. the action is cool, the special effects reallly make the Aliens look real. I didn't like the Human/Alien Hybrid though.

What line is this from ......FUCK!!!!!.....?

2. Originally posted by Despair
    Well, Thats your choice
    Yeah. I just resent them trying to make it campy. But then, I don't care about Buffy, either.

I dont think it had that much humor to spoil the mood, and it still had few suspensful scenes.
    There's a one-liner after everything though. It's like they're not taking the situation they're in seriously.

I dont remember Aliens to be very suspensful either, and it relied on action as much as Resurrection did.
    No suspense? " 8 metres...7 meteres...6.."

"That's impossible! That's inside the room"

There were a ton of great moments. Aliens kept up the pressure almost the whole way through.

I have no problems with cgi animated aliens, they looked good enough. You say the gear is not as cool, but I thought that pirate weapons were cooler than regular guns of Marines, that only had 3 varieties of guns.
    Yeah, but Vasquez' giganto-gun was way cooler than anything in Resurrection. Heck, so were the pulse rifles and the sentry guns. I don't remember the guns in that movie at all, except for Christie's forearm pistols and the wheelchair dude's shotgun.

You also mentioned communications between aliens this time around, and I think its not as unbelivable as it may sound. Since those aliens were cloned, their dna got mixed with human, which affected their genetic structure, thus making them a new breed.
    Yeah, I guess so. I still found the whole exercise cheesy and kind of an insult to the rest of the series. Maybe if it wasn't an Alien movie I'd judge it differently. But how would you feel if Terminator 3 was all one-liners, in-jokes, cute scenes and trash-talking basketball-playing Arnold?
    -Kyo

3. Why would you guys still argue about any points to this movie? I could make a movie with 3 bums, corn and fecal matter and it'll be better than this piece of booger that is Alien: Resurrection.

I give it a 9.5/10

4. Winona Ryder was hot and Ron Perlman kicked ass (but then again, he always does.)

Those are about the only positive things I can say about Alien Resurrection.
    omg TNL epics!

5. I still love chestbuster through the head scene

6. Originally posted by Ragnarok the Red
    Winona Ryder was hot and Ron Perlman kicked ass (but then again, he always does.)

Those are about the only positive things I can say about Alien Resurrection.
    Was he the gorilla space pirate guy? Because he was the same guy who played the hunchback in The Name of the Rose, and after seeing his Alien role, his part in TNotR seems pretty impressive.

EDIT: And yes, Winona was damn foxy. She was the best part of the whole movie.
    -Kyo

7. I liked Resurrection all right, I don't see it as bad as most people make it out to be. A lot of the plot points, namely Ripley being cloned, and the part at the beginning where the aliens kill one of their own to bleed through the floor and escape, are straight from the novels by Steve Perry.

I accepted the change to Ripley, even though it was kinda dumb, at least they tried to do something new. I also like Jeunet's visual style in the film, I like how the Aliens saga is really a director's franchise, each film definitely has it's own seal. And the chest-bursting scene through the guy's head was undeniably cool. I dunno what to think about the newborn at the end though, I guess it was kinda cool to see another new alien, but it was kinda mixed overall.