Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alien Resurrection

1. Alien Resurrection

I just finished watching Alien Resurrection. Joss Whedon should be shot.
    -Kyo

2. I still have not seen this. Alien 3 was enough for me to lose hope in the franchise.

3. i feel like i'm the only person ever to actually like resurrection.
    MK2 on XBLA plz - let the unfolding of gameplay begin!!

4. Well does it have alot of alien blasting action like the second one? Cause really that's all I need in a movie

5. Originally posted by Doug Branches
    I still have not seen this. Alien 3 was enough for me to lose hope in the franchise.
    Okay, imagine Aliens, but then make it completely retarded, take out any resemblance to previous movies, and you basically have Alien Resurrection. It was written by the same guy as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and it's pretty much an episode of that show with aliens in it.

Ripley's a trash-talking basketball-playing clone whose story makes no sense. The film is nonstop wisecracks and visual jokes. The aliens have conversations with each other in a screechy language. It has bad-sci-fi-stereotype space pirates. The ending is completely stupid, like it's the director's final joke on you for having watched the whole piece of junk. It has a guy doing fake-ass double-wall deflection trick gunshots. It has the aliens making funny faces - I'm not kidding.

How this film ever got made is beyond me, I was just stunned when I suddenly realized where the movie was going. If I were in the theatre, I would have walked out - and I've never done that. But Alien 3 was a thousand times better than this nonsense, stupid Bishop guest appearance and everything. After watching this, I honestly hope they never make another movie in this series. But it does have guns, though.

Originally posted by johnk_

i feel like i'm the only person ever to actually like resurrection.
    May God have mercy on your soul.
    -Kyo

6. "It has the aliens making funny faces - I'm not kidding."

What the fuck, I know what you are saying, but could you explain it a little more, like how in the hell that comes about happening?

"After watching this, I honestly hope they never make another movie in this series."

Well, they ARE making Aliens Vs. Predator, being directed by Paul Anderson the guy who did Resident Evil and Event Horizon. I'm really hoping it turns out alright.

Thanks for the heads up though

7. Originally posted by Doug Branches
    "It has the aliens making funny faces - I'm not kidding."

What the fuck, I know what you are saying, but could you explain it a little more, like how in the hell that comes about happening?
    Ugh...well, through reasons that make little sense, the queen alien has a womb, and gives birth to a half human, half alien creature. The queen starts making happy cooing noises and happy faces (the aliens are a bit more flexible in this one that in past films). The half-human alien has eyes, a nose etc. and it spends the rest of the movie mugging for the camera and licking Ripley's face like a dog. No, I'm not kidding.
    -Kyo

8. aw shit...

9. yeah, it sucks. So did 3.

Aliens is the shit though.

10. Whatever guys. I loved Alien 3. It was different, dark and more intense than original Alien, which I personally think is way boring. I loved Fincher direction, fx were nice, and if they never made 4th film, that was an excellent closure.

I also like Resurection. Yeah, the story might be considered little cheesy, but it had great fx, lots of cool gore, action scenes(Strider, I think that reflecting bullets scenes was great), humor, and excellent visual style, that you would expect from the director of City of Lost Children and Amelie. Fun film that was more closer to Aliens, but people still bitch about it