Thread: "Name those lyrics" game

1. "Name those lyrics" game

Lets see how well people know the words to songs. Throw down a line or two of a songs lyrics and see if any can guess. Please don't do anything stupidly hard because that takes the fun out. Don't be putting down lyrics to your best friends band or shit like that. And please no cheating, typing in the lyrics in a search engine will probably get you the answer buts no fun either. Who ever gets it must continue it. Song title is a must but if you want to put the artist also thats cool too. I'll start off...

"Don't stop come a little closer As we jam the rythm gets stronger
    There's nothing wrong with just a little little fun We were dancing all night long"
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

2. Digital Love, Daft Punk

"We're gonna kill the California girls..."
    pwned by Ivan

3. someone finally got it, honestly, did you look it up?
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

4. Originally posted by Green
    Digital Love, Daft Punk

"We're gonna kill the California girls..."
    I looked it up, but EVOL - Maddona, Sean Penn, and Me.

"Aus dem tag der vergangenheit,"
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

5. Hell no I didn't look it up. Daft Punk makes me better, faster, harder, stronger .

Yeah Capn, Expressway to Yr Skull (otherwise known as Moddona, Sean Penn, and Me) by Sonic Youth from the Evol album. Figured some of the indie rock folks would get that one.

I'm guessing yours is either 99Luftballons or some Ramstein song...
    pwned by Ivan

6. My guess is that it's something by Ramstein...
    What isn't remembered, Never happened

7. Ramstein sucks my hairy ball-sack.

And it isn't Nina's 99Luftballons.

It's a very obscure band with a very obscure name. I'm being kind of unfair.

The band's name is And One. The song is Deutschmaschine. The line translates to "Out of the days from the past." Localized it translates to "From a time long since past."
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

8. Disc New Rules

1. Green = 14.5
    2. Captain Vegetable = 8.5

OK, I have decided to revive this thread.

I'm laying down some GROUND RULES to help keep it alive.

Puzzles
    1. The song you pick must have lyrics posted on the internet or you have the linear notes and can scan them.
    2. The artist must be listed either in Rolling Stone, Tower Records, Amazon or Yahoo Launch.
    3. You must enter at least two rhyming lines, and they must match your source.
    4. A new puzzle may not be entered until the previous one is solved correctly.

Answers
    5. Points are tallied by how many hours it took to solve.
    6. The first person to correctly guess the song receives the points.
    7. Correct answers are two of the following titles spelt correctly: Album, Artist, Track
    8. I will update the top 5 scores every Tuesday morning between 5:00 - 8:00am.
    9. HLW may or may not update thread subtitle to reflect # 1 score.
    a. After confirmed by challenger (or any second party, link to website, or scanned linear notes), Winner may post a new puzzle or pass.

OK got it. Here's my first Entry:
    (hint: the band, not the album, is in my top 5 albums)

Wanna tell you a story
    'Bout a woman I know
    When it comes to lovin'
    Oh she steals the show
    She ain't exactly pretty
    Ain't exactly small
    Forty-two, thirty-nine, fifty-six
    You could say she's got it all!
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 27 Aug 2004 at 10:14 AM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt