Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why I hate werewolf movies

1. Why I hate werewolf movies

It is no surprise that I like werewolves, just looking at my user name will tell you that But for most parts I hate werewolf movies, here are the main reason's for that:

1. Werewolves in the movies are always the bad guy, I never seen a movie with a good werewolf.

2. Werewolves in the movies are alway mindless, bloodthirsty animals with no control.

3. The werewolves always look shitty in the movies, they never have a good design.

4. Even though the movie is about werewolves you usually see the werewolf very little, about a 90 minute movie with about maybe 10 of the minutes featuring the werewolf.

5. They never have a good plot, I am sure they could think of something different besides the same old crap all the time.

Werwolves always get a bad rap in the theatres, it ain't fair I tell ya

2. Haha!

Teen Wolf. Thats classic. It gave us all hope in high school.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

3. Well, I liked Werewolf films too But they are horror films, and by that dont have the best written stories or huge budgets that will allow best of the best fx and make up

I do like Silver Bullet, American Werewolf in London, and Howling. Those are great werewolf films, and fx in them are really good, espcially in Howling, where whole trasformation happens in one shot, wherether in AWL, its cut into pieces. Excellent fx work by Rob Bottin. But its AWL that gets Oscar

Most of the time werewolves are bad guys, but I think one film I remember is Howling 6( I think), where guy is werewolf and thinks that he killing these people, but its a evil vampire who framing him Fight Werewolf VS Vampire is cool though

4. Originally posted by andyrose
    Micheal J Fox wasn't an evil werewolf.

He could dunk!
    ... guess you got me on that one, even if it wasn't that great a movie he wasn't a bad werewolf... I guess the only one that would fall under would be 3, bad werewolf design

5. I actually saw this lame movie where the "hero" was a werewolf. He had to save this female vampire from some evil vampires. Though, the guy looks nothign at all like a werewolf and you only see him in "make up" for the last 2 or 3 minutes. Also, he isn't the main character, the female vampire is, so his backstory isn't really followed. I'm not sure what the title of the movie was. Oh, and they tried to "hide" the fact that he was a werewolf revealing it at the end of the movie, but anyone with half a brain would figure it out after a few minutes.

6. Re: Why I hate werewolf movies

Originally posted by Werewolf
    It is no surprise that I like werewolves, just looking at my user name will tell you that But for most parts I hate werewolf movies, here are the main reason's for that:

1. Werewolves in the movies are always the bad guy, I never seen a movie with a good werewolf.

As said before, MJ in Teenwolf

2. Werewolves in the movies are alway mindless, bloodthirsty animals with no control.
    Again, MJ in Teenwolf.

3. The werewolves always look shitty in the movies, they never have a good design.
    I thought the werewolf designs in An American Werewolf in London were incredible. Didn't that flick win the Academy Award for costume design or special effects at the time?

4. Even though the movie is about werewolves you usually see the werewolf very little, about a 90 minute movie with about maybe 10 of the minutes featuring the werewolf.
    Again, MJ, Teenwolf 1 and 2. If anything, you see too MUCH of him in wolf form in those flicks.

5. They never have a good plot, I am sure they could think of something different besides the same old crap all the time.
    Like vampires, there's really not to much you can do with supernatural beasts like werewolves. You want creativity in the storyline? Try playing the tabletop RPG Werewolf: The Apocalypse and make some of your own. Its what vampire players did with Vampire: The Masquerade.

Werwolves always get a bad rap in the theatres, it ain't fair I tell ya
    Man-sized, man-eating canines tend to be misunderstood in general, my friend.
    omg TNL epics!

7. Originally posted by Werewolf

... guess you got me on that one, even if it wasn't that great a movie...
    BLASPHEMY!!!!

Again, MJ, Teenwolf 1 and 2. If anything, you see too MUCH of him in wolf form in those flicks.
    MJ didn't star in Teen Wolf2. it was... you guessed it... Jason Bateman! star of other hit movies such as... umm... Teen Wolf2! he's better known as Justine Bateman's brother.

8. anyone remember that Werewolf tv series that came on Fox a long long time ago.

I don't remember much of it because I was a little pup but I do remember it scaring the sweet jesus out of me.

I think the main dude in the series was a good werewolf.

9. Who remembers the Teen Wolf animated series? It was... I DON'T REMEMBER! CAUSE I WAS LIKE 5!

~Mr. K~

Well, this quickly converted to a Teen Wolf thread. Hey look NEW SIGNATURE