Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dead or Alive Kronos

1. Dead or Alive Kronos

From CVG:

DEAD OR ALIVE KRONOS MAKES TO MERGE

The latest in Tecmo's busty fight series is to be a compendium of previous titles, according to those close to the project

Newly announced Dead or Alive Kronos is to be a compilation of previous titles in the series, it has emerged today.

Sources close to Tecmo have pointed to elements from the first three titles, presumably with updated graphics, being crunched into the game.

Xbox is the only confirmed platform for Kronos thus far, unsurprisingly given the importance placed on Dead or Alive 3 by Microsoft.

"It's definitely not what everyone hoped for," said a highly placed insider under conditions of anonymity. "It's not Dead or Alive 4."

Tecmo is currently banging away at two Xbox projects aside from the new fighter, namely Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball and Ninja Gaiden. It would seem that's enough to stop a full fourth instalment of the franchise that helped launch Xbox.

The title is likely to be shown for the first time next spring, or at E3 in May at the latest.

------

DOA1 was mint and so was DOA2 with arcade counters. If they add in DOA3 with arcade counters this time as well as a few gameplay tweaks then this is a must have game for me.

2. Cool. It's DoA so I'll buy it... personally, I would probably buy a fair number DoA games/spin-offs. There's should be an action game like a better Dead 2 Rights with with Christie as the main character and an Outrun styled game with Tina driving and Hitomi in the passenger side I would in fact buy that. You heard it here first.
    o_O

3. Awesome.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

4. Interesting. I'm assuming that the graphics would be up to or above the DOA XBV / Ninja Gaiden level. I never played DOA1 so this should be interesting. Another must-buy DOA game for me.
    - Kabuki

5. Yeah, I'd really like to see what Raidou will look like now.

6. So its going to be DOA - Tekken Tag style.

Lets get all the characters from the previous versions, update graphics, add few modes, and call it a new game.

Ok, I'm interested

7. Sounds... weird.

Any DoA is good DoA.

8. Hopefully this will give the gameplay a chance to become a bit more balanced and challenging, but my biggest concern would be what to wear...
    If it has all of the costumes from the previous games, I'll be quite impressed, especially if they include all of the DOA:XBV suits.

9. Originally posted by kedawa
    If it has all of the costumes from the previous games, I'll be quite impressed, especially if they include all of the DOA:XBV suits.
    Don't put dirty thoughts in my head, you evil, evil man....

Oh yea. sidez? Kill the avatar... Bring back the AS goods!

10. Originally posted by Click_Stick
    Oh yea. sidez? Kill the avatar... Bring back the AS goods!
    Pikachu is immortal, sorry.