Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: pay homage to the greatest martial arts flick. ever!!!

1. Originally posted by Ashen Victor

Last Dragon isn't the best, but i'd have to say that it's one of the best. it's pure 80's cheese, but it's the good velveeta type. it gets extra bonus points for this classic line:

"you Rick James, string bean, lookin' fool!"
    I know it's not the best, I was just going along with the "american-made" trend in the thread. The best kung-fu flick ever is Fist of Legend.

Sho nuf,
    -Gigas
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

2. i would have never expected this thread to get so many posts...

and with that said, everyone should download and immediately listen to the Bloodsport theme for nostalgia fun!

"it's not "Ducks", my name is Dux"
    "oh... like in "put up your dukes ?"

Bloodsport - i'm pretty sure you can find nirvana just by watching it. and when you think about it long and hard, lines from that movie are great in normal everyday situations.

3. nak sou cow!

4. Originally posted by BeanBandit
    I don't know why I loved Crouching Tiger so much. It was such a surprise to see an Iron Monkey style film being made with a Hollywood style budget and image clarity. Not for everyone I suppose -- I can respect that.
    Oh, it's good, I liked the movie, and accidently saw it three times opening day. It's just that I ay there are other movies which best it.

edit: MechDeus - the hippo stuff is still there. You have to find it...
    The search if on...

I would also like to say that while I've never seen Knock-off, I thoroughly enjoyed Double Team, especially since I was expecting such a stinker. Rodman really needed to shut up (his voice does not work in that movie), but otherwise, good stuff.

5. I'm also going to have to say that Enter the Dragon was the greatest martial arts flick of all time.

6. classic if I've ever seen one.

7. In City Hunter, Jackie Chan is fighting 2 big black guys, while this scene from Game of Death, playing on the big screen behind them.

Classic

8. this deserves to be at the top. no reason, just cause.

9. knock off was Van Damme's worst theatrical release.

Double Impact was awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

10. No way, Knock Off is much better than that The Quest crap, or Lionheart.