Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are Gamers A Step Closer To More Mature Themes In Games?

1. Are Gamers A Step Closer To More Mature Themes In Games?

With all the hubbub over the wanton killing,destruction and prostitute boinking in the 2 latest GTA 3 games,they are still widely accepted.Mostly of course since there is an actual good game underneath it all.But it got me to thinking.Has anyone here seen something released in the US that had things that you though would have been censored and were let through?I was playing Street Alpha 3 and on one of the stages there is clearly a chinese prostitute standing around in the background.Now she might not be a prostitute,but its night,she's all dressed up and it is the docks.Just wondering what have you guys seen,outside of the obvious like Conker....

2. I wouldn't call such things "mature."

A "mature" theme in a game would be having your character cope with the fact that his/her wife/husband is going to die soon, and there is nothing the doctors can do about it, as they have contracted a rare form of a non-lethal disease...but it just so happens that this particular, extremely rare strain is deadly.

A singing mountain of poop and running around with a minigun lighting everything up isn't "mature." Fun? Hell yes! But not mature. Sophamoric at best.

There! I feel much better.

In the Japanese version of Final Fight, when you smack Poison in the face and she recoils, her shirt flys up and can see her 16-bit boobies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

3. heh-heh you said boobies
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

4. Hehe, boobs are cool.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

5. Ok, I'm tired of this whole mature games arent really mature games theory. Nobody is saying the games are mature. What they are saying is YOU have to be mature in order to play them and understand them, or at the very least be exposed to them and not have them ruin your young impressionable mind.

You want to say Conker isnt a mature game? Fine, I can completely agree with that, but would you let a 6 year old near it? I wouldnt. Why not? Because a 6 year old isnt mature enough to grasp that peeing on people isnt normally looked upon as something you would be rewarded for. That is what the M on the cover is for, not to say hey look at me, i'm a mature subject for a game.

6. Yeah, if you let the kiddles play Conker they might take a dump and on the table and start sculpting things out of it and then go shoot their friends.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

7. Spaces come after puntcuation.

8. Originally posted by Captain Vegetable
    I wouldn't call such things "mature."

A "mature" theme in a game would be having your character cope with the fact that his/her wife/husband is going to die soon, and there is nothing the doctors can do about it, as they have contracted a rare form of a non-lethal disease...but it just so happens that this particular, extremely rare strain is deadly.

A singing mountain of poop and running around with a minigun lighting everything up isn't "mature." Fun? Hell yes! But not mature. Sophamoric at best.
    I'm with CV on this one.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. Whatr critics decide what can go into a game and what can't. You would think in a massive game like GTA VC or GTA 3 the developers could sneak anything in without the critics ever finding out. Or do the critics play through the game 100% through to its entirety. Im just wondering because there are so many things Rockstar could hide in a GTA game if the people that critiqued them did not play it for 100's of hours trying anything and everything. Interesting I guess?
    http://www.famous-amos.com/images/wally.jpg Ooooh! I make a gooda cookie for you!!!!

10. You liar!
    Barf! Barf! Barf!