Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mullholland Drive...Uhhhhh...(haha)

1. Mullholland Drive...Uhhhhh...(haha)

I know David Lynch's movies tend to be like all arty and such..but..uh...WTF!

Someone...explain this to me.

I'm still recovering from thinking too much about Lost Highway.

Oh, and thumbs up on the lesbian imagery.

2. Think it was called Mullholland Drive. The movie was planned to be a tv show at first, so that explains some of the oddness (think some of the tv show was used in the movie). That part about the nightmare and the guy behind the garbage can that popped up scared the hell outta me.
    pwned by Ivan

3. haha, agreed, especially on the lesbian imagery.

Its wierd, I didn't understand it, yet for some reason (apart from the lesbians) I enjoyed it...

this may help:
    http://maddox.xmission.com/david_lynch.html

4. Yes, my spelling is off. Sue me.

I dunno.
    I mean, LH was good, and I understood that. This is like random arty shite, with great imagery.

Good looking shite is still shite though

Yeah, M Falls was that one with that druggie, Nick Nolte, that's it. My bad.

See how bad this movie is fucking me up?

hahah

5. Well, as great as Arjues link was, I think this one may be a bit more useful...

http://dir.salon.com/ent/movies/feat...sis/index.html

6. Wow. Great link. Fascinating, but, I still think this movie's a 3/10.

7. Ok, I now understand the movie.

But I still think Lynch is insane.

8. Well, I figured several of these things while watching the movie, but a good deal of what was on that website was a revelation. I think there are just far too many details in that film for any one person to fully notice and deconstruct it after only one or two viewings.

And, yes, Lynch is in a way a visionary genius for actually putting together a convoluted, beyond complex plot like this. And yes, he is also insane for being able to put together a convoluted, beyond complex plot like this.

Ah well, at least the soft-core lesbian sex scene between two hot as fuck actresses was good
    omg TNL epics!

9. The movie is meant to be a Puzzle.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

The movie is meant to be a Puzzle.
    The problem is movies are not meant to be fucking puzzles.