Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OXM Demo #13

1. Got mine today (finally). In regards to Splinter Cell headshots, he doesn't always shoot straight. I've noticed this in regards to shooting out lights, you can see the bullet holes a couple inches away from the center of the aiming reticle (yes, even when held completely still). That said, I got a near-perfect run my third time through where I only had to kill one guy, and that's because I missed when I tossed a pop can at his head.

Now, the bad: Smilebit, why the hell is PDO not running in high-res? Every XBox game runs in it, so this had better just be a demo thing! Sitting there scrolling through the demos, it made PDO look a lot worse then it should since it had to be run at a lower resolution.

Also, I played of TJ&E and had quite a bit of fun with it. Unfortunately, that ran out once my roomie found a glitch in which his respawn point was located over nothingness. Spawn, fall, die, repeat endlessly. Feh.

2. Well, Aiming is little bit off in the demo, but once you get the hang on controls, aiming and shooting right becomes second nature. ANd SC deserves all the praise it gets.

I also tried Toe Jam And Earl 3 demo, and while I never played original, nor I even knew what the game was about, it was pretty funny

3. Re: OXM Demo #13

Originally posted by Yoshi
    GTA:VC aside, I am not sure that either the PS2 or GC can match the Xbox's fall lineup. If that's what we can get from the third place (worldwide) console, you know we are all very, very lucky this year.
    Erm...

Is there something that I'm missing in xbox' lineup?

4. I asked the same question on the first page?

Other than Splinter Cell what else is on Xbox that makes it so hot?

5. Splinter Cell is pretty cool, I am not a huge fan of the MGS games, but SC is much better. Its so cool to sneak around in the complete darkness, or to watch a guy try to find you. As for the camera, its fine. If you can't manage a Free Control camera then you are an idiot. And hanging on pipes is very cool.

The Orta demo fucking rocks, I can't wait to get this game.

Hotd3, its just so empty! Hardly any suprises, all the enemys just come in a big pack. You hardly have to aim ever, you just get the crosshairs in the general area and pull the trigger, and since its a shot gun you will hit like 4 guys in one shot. This game looked cooler Cell Shaded.

Bloodraye, blah. Uninteresting storyline and character, and plays awkward. I don't like it when I want to jump to the left and I am forced to do a side cartwheel jump.

TJ&E3, other then the awful intro the game is pretty fun. I really like the graphics, I'll get it when its cheap.

CHase, stupid stupid game.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

6. Originally posted by Clash_Master

Hotd3, its just so empty! Hardly any suprises, all the enemys just come in a big pack. You hardly have to aim ever, you just get the crosshairs in the general area and pull the trigger, and since its a shot gun you will hit like 4 guys in one shot. This game looked cooler Cell Shaded.

TJ&E3, other then the awful intro the game is pretty fun. I really like the graphics, I'll get it when its cheap.

CHase, stupid stupid game.
    (1) The actual game is much cooler then the demo. The demo is just the intro bit.
    (2) I'll buy it for $20 too
    (3) That Chase demo made me dumber. Horrid, horrid "game."
    - Kabuki

7. Originally posted by Despair
    Well, Aiming is little bit off in the demo, but once you get the hang on controls, aiming and shooting right becomes second nature.
    No, he's actually not a sniper-perfect shot. Stand at the end of a hallway and fire at a single point a few times, and then go check the bullet holes. You'll notice they're scattered about, as it should be considering what weapon he's using.

I tend to prefer gameplay over strict realism (it's annoying to try and snipe those small circle lights only to both miss by an inch and alert a guard), but I can deal with it. Especially since it's so easy to not kill anyone (at least in the demo).

8. Originally posted by Clash_Master
    As for the camera, its fine. If you can't manage a Free Control camera then you are an idiot. And hanging on pipes is very cool.
    Fine? OK. Maybe. But it is not "good". I can manage a free camera just fine, thank you, but in a game like this I think it really detracts from zee experience. Heck, I usually prefer a free camera, but when I am constantly tweaking it just so I can see what's 2 feet in front of me something's wrong. A scripted camera would be much, much better. Or at least a half assed one. How hard would it be for the camera to just switch behind me when I turn a damn corner? It doesn't seem to bother everyone, but this kind of thing annoys the hell outta me.

9. But with the free camera you can use it to look around corners and such. I like free camera better so I can make the best Angles for my self then having to rely on the ones they give me, plus after a while you get used to it and control it like you would a charcter, its almost zen like. Maybe thats streching it.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

10. Some people never satisfied. If the game have fixed camera, they complain and if game has free camera they complain !

Just get used to it, and enjoy the damn game, and quit whining !