Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Broadband Adapter for the Gamecube

1. Looking for Broadband Adapter for the Gamecube

Does anyone know of any stores or websites that have the Gamecube Broadband Adapters in stock. I can't find them anywhere and don't want to pay 70.00 on ebay for one.

2. I called all the Wal-mart, Target, Gamestop, and EB's within 50 miles. Only one EB had one BBA in stock, and they held it for me. No major websites (NCSX, VGD, EB) have them in stock so good luck trying to find one.

3. this sucks. anyone know if Nintendo will be releasing them again?

4. www.japanvideogames.com

they had like, 3 last time i was there. for $40. they're japanese, but they work with US systems.
    they're a really reliable store, and i strongly recommend them.

5. Nintendo has not discontinued the bba.

The demand has been tons higher than expected, and most places have just listed them as "discontinued" due to the fact that they have no idea when they will get them back in stock.

Also, Nintendo says they have been stockin non-boutique stores (ie. Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy) before anyplace else so check there.

If you email the nintendo store they can give you a list of retailers in your area to contact.

Check out www.ragol.com or www.pso-world.com to learn more.

***edit***

Here is an email from Nintendo

Message(#6851-000082-6144\826144)

Hello,
    I'm sorry to hear of the experience you had in trying to purchase the Nintendo GameCube Broadband Adapter. It has not been discontinued. Because of the popularity of new products, they can sometimes be extremely hard to find. Although we are currently backordered on this accessory, you may want to check with the following retailers to see if they have any in stock:

Toys 'R Us
    Phone Number: 1-888-869-7932
    www.toysrus.com

Wal-Mart
    www.walmart.com

Best Buy
    www.bestbuy.com

Please note: Just as soon as we get more Broadband Adapters back in stock, we will have them available again through our Online Store (http://store.nintendo.com -- U.S. orders only). Please keep checking our web site for any updated information.

6. I couldn't find one ether... way to go Nintendo!

I guess I'll just wait till they decide to send some more out, probably next year.

7. this should solve EVERYONES question about it be so called "discontinued"

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs...CatalogDisplay

go to the gamecube section and than click the parts and accessories

Currently on Back Order - Will begin shipping in late December 2002

NOTE: The Broadband Adapter can also be purchased at the following retailers:

* Toy 'R Us
    * WalMart
    * Best Buy
    * Electronics Boutique
    * GameStop

The Broadband Adapter for the Nintendo GameCube allows you to connect to a broadband source for playing online-capable games. This adapter can only be used with 10Base-T compatible broadband connection devices and it will only work with specially designed games that include online game features. (Note: You will not be able to use these games or the Broadband Adapter to "surf" the internet.)

To play online games with this Broadband Adapter you will need:

- A Nintendo GameCube designed for online game play. Look for the Broadband icon on the back of Nintendo GameCube game packaging for games designed to use the Broadband Adapter.

- A 10 megabit (10Base-T) or 100 megabit (100Base-TX) network cable compatible with your broadband connection device (check the instruction manual for your broadband device). Sold separately, see an electronics or computer supply store. (You may be able to use your existing broadband connection cable if you already have one for other applications.)

- A broadband connection device, such as a cable modem or DSL adapter with an open network port, or a network hub.

- A valid account with a broadband Internet service provider (ISP). ISP compatibility may vary by game. (If you have a dial-up Internet service, you will need to use the Modem Adapter instead.)

For more information on the Broadband Adapter, review the Before you Buy section of nintendo.com. This area includes information on what comes with each adapter, limitations, and details on any extra items you may need to purchase before you begin to play games online.

Important note: Sega's Phantasy Star Online: Episode 1 & 2 is the only game that is currently compatible with the Broadband Adapter.

8. Now I see the advantage to pre-ordering. Glad I called every EB on the release date. I did manage to find one at the 3rd EB I called. The main EB I go to still hasn't received any. They only got the modem adapter....

--------------------------------------
    Currently Playing: Marvel Ultimate Alliance (XBox 360), Civilization IV (PC)
    --------------------------------------

9. as i stated in a post in another thread, i got lucky and found one in a local gamestop..

they're really hard to find though.. no other toy/electonics store in my area had them..
    MK2 on XBLA plz - let the unfolding of gameplay begin!!

Classic Nintendo... undership to produce hype.