Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3040424344

Thread: NHL

1. GO WINGS

2. Tonight is a good hockey night! The Habs game was brilliant. Ryder is sensational. What a thrill getting his first goal in a big game on HNIC. He earned it too. Ribeiro and Zednik look great too. Theo was solid. He made a big statement. Just wait til Saku comes back.

Oh oh oh, and the Rags are getting their arses rearranged by the BJs!

Devils won too. Good night.

3. Xbox 360 I

Damn them Red Wings! At least Ottawa got one point out of that. Well deserved overtime victory by Detroit.

Ottawa/Detroit

The Good: The Detroit Power Play. Havlat getting signed.
    The Bad: The young Sens getting out hustled by the aging Wings. Red Wing fans will get even more arrogant after this victory.
    The Ugly: Ottawa's Penalty Killing. Glenn Healy's colour commentary.

Montreal/Toronto

The Good: Jose Theodore getting a shutout. Montreal defence redeeming themselves. Ryder's sister is a nice piece of meat.
    The Bad: Toronto lack of offence. Saku still not in the Habs lineup.
    The Ugly: The Leafs defence. Pat Quinn at post game media conference.

Don't laugh SGGG, the Blue Jackets did a lot of improving in the off season. Then again you're a Devils fan and mocking the Rangers is a past time of sorts for you...

4. Yeh, it's great to see Havlát come to terms. I hope Gáborík is next.

Glenn Healy is pretty awful, isn't he? I had to suffer through him on a few of TSN's Devil games last playoffs.

I didn't see Ryder's sister. I saw his mum and dad tho. Pffah.

Don't laugh SGGG, the Blue Jackets did a lot of improving in the off season. Then again you're a Devils fan and mocking the Rangers is a past time of sorts for you...
    Yeh, it's a great pasttime! Especially for long time Devil fans like me (since the first season - 82) who suffered through all the lean years in the 80s.

The BJs are going to be much improved. I don't think they are a playoff team, but they're a more solid team. The Rangers on the other hand.. wow... they are off to a dismal start. I am actually worried they may sack Sather. As a proud pure blooded Ranger hater I don't want to see that happen! Sather must stay as long as possible to ensure continued suckiness!

5. Nintendo GameCube

The BJs are wearing their new 3rd jersey tonight (pic attached).

Egads. That's not too good. I guess it's an Ohio flag in the shape of a C wrapped around a star. Then there are stars everywhere. It reminds me a little bit of old red Capitals look.

Overall I don't like it but it's not too offensive. It's not Anaheim bad. It's just meh, the jersey itself is decent but like their regular unis, the logo is not so hot. Maybe it will grow on me. It's actually probably a better logo than their main logo.... but that's not saying much.

6. Hmm...It's looks like an AHL jersey. Nothing too terrible. At least it's very distinct. The poof on that elderly lady's head is funny looking.

7. Yeh, I saw some of the game last night on NHL Network. They looked OK on the ice. I like the jersey itself... but the logo, while it looks ok, is pretty lame. I guess they're stuck for ideas with such a daft nickname.

Tonight the Habs fans gave Patrice Brisebois a huge ovation during introductions. It was pretty nice to see. He can be frustrating at times and he is overpaid but he does not deserve the stick he takes most of the time. Boo him if he messes up but other than that get behind him. I think he might have a good season if he's feeling better about himself. Habs up 2:1 so far.