Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Official Comic Book thread

1. Does everyone here know about free comic book day? I think its May 4 or May 5, and just about every company is taking part in it. They will be giving away comics like Ultimate Spider-Man #1(wise decision) and such, and the Sci-Fi channel has agreed to advertise it so everyone knows. I'm glad to see such a big push being made to attract new fans to the medium, and I hope some of us on these boards that stopped reading will be moivated to pick up the habit again.
    Are comic shops going to have free comics on the rack available or something? If so I'd get the comics and spread em like wildfire.

2. Most publishers (at least the major ones) are shipping specific comics to shops to distribute free. They will all have "FREE COMIC BOOK DAY" on the cover somewhere, and I belive most will be reprints. Suffice to say they won't be worth dick.

3. Just picked up the second issue of The Dark Knight Strikes Again. Miller is just getting more and more bizarre...and lazier. His art is becoming really sketchy, but I still like it.

4. I got back into comics recently, I used to read Xmen and Spiderman as a kid. I can't think of any single issue as my favorite, I guess I'll just say any issue of Watchmen for right now. I just buy trades, and thats enough for me. Right now I'm collecting Lone Wolf and Cub, Preacher, Akira (one volume left for me to get), Blade of the Immortal, and DK2. I have only vol 1-2 of Preacher, is the rest of the series of equal of better quality? I think I'll put 100 Bullets up farther on my to get list, I've read that its good before. If I had to reccomend a lesser know series, then it would be the Invisibles. I only have the first vol, but man is it thought provoking, I've yet to come across a comic like it.

5. The rest of preacher definitely holds up. Go for it; everyone gets what's coming to them in the end.
    has anyone here ever read Sandman? Its some damn weird stuff, but bar none, it is THE most intelligently written series ever. If you can look past some of the strange shit, it will definitely give you something to think about.