Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox Live

1. Xbox Live

I am wondering if anyone here has obtained a retail Xbox Live kit *and* been able to set up a new account with it.

Or does anyone know what time the service will officially go live for the general public.

Thanks!

2. The kits are not supposed to be available until tomorrow, but Target broke the street date. You should be able to create an account. It officially goes live at midnight tonight, I believe. JM has gotten the retail kit and jumped online, if I'm correct.
    Never under any circumstance scrutinize the mastication orifice of a gratuitous herbivorous quadruped.

3. Officially Live November 15th.

In actuality, if you have an Xbox Live account, through the BETA or otherwise, you can go Live on any game that supports it. Soon (if not already) the first generation BETA discs will no longer be active.

4. I was able to make an account last saturday with the retail kit from target
    steam: Mrs Esterhouse

5. Same here, I set mine up last Friday. Get Live ASAP, it rules. Get Mech Assault ASAP it rules. That is all.

JM

6. Very interesting. I do have a kit, but I am unable to set up an account. I’m pretty sure my network is set up correctly because:

1. When I go in to the Xbox network settings and hit connect, it reports no errors and says, “Connected to Xbox Live.”

2. I have been playing Halo and TimeSplitters 2 online via GameSpy Aracde.

However, when I go in to the Xbox Live settings, select ‘New Account’ and select my billing region, it reports, “Xbox Live is not responding. Please try again later.”

I guess my next question, for those of you that have been able to set up an account and play on Live with a retail kit / retail account, would be, have you seen this error at any time? Is the network down very often?

I am thinking either MS isn’t accepting any more account registrations until the service launches or there is something wrong with my setup. I know I should probably be patient and wait for the official launch date, but I am eager to get online, secure my gamer tag and kick some booty.

7. MS sent out a message that said that the servers would be down for everyone this morning. They are resetting all of the scores and records for all of the games.

After 12 or 3 (I can't remember which one), people who were previously beta testers will have the servers all to themselves until midnight.

Alot of people have been having problems getting on the past few days. You might need to enter your MAC(physical) address if your ISP only lets you have one connection. Thats what I had to do to get on live.
    steam: Mrs Esterhouse

8. Ya, what he said.

Man, I'm gonna be pissed if only Beta testers can get on tonight! I think that part of the message was assuming that no one had the retail version yet or something. I bet we will be able to get on, but who knows?

BTW, Tonic, I'll send you a Friend Invite tonight.

JM

9. Whoo hoo! I just signed up and played a few rounds of MotoGP. It was awesome!

The problem was with my router; I had to open up some ports. Thanks for the info everyone.

Well, I’m off to buy Mech Assault! I’ll see you peeps on Live!

Oh, and my gamer tag is: Jellex

10. Have fun Jellex, because come tomorrow morning I am going to destroy you