Thread: DC-X Boot Disc

1. DC-X Boot Disc

Will the DC-X work on newer Dreamcast systems that don't have the audio CD/CD ROM playing options? My Deamcast is about to kick the bucket, and I'm going to buy a replacement soon. I have the boot disc and some imports and I'd like to be able to still play them.

If the DC-X doesn't work on newer models, what month and year was the DC changed to play GD-ROM format only?

Thanks.

2. 10/01, I believe. That's in October for you kids who write your dates different.

Just a note here for anyone else interested in obtaining a boot disc. You can get the same function out of a free one. Check out DCEmulation.com for the other free ones.

Urban legend.

One of my DCs was manufactured after October 01 and it reads cds and cdrs just fine and dandy.

4. I'm with 88 on this one, I have never heard conclusive proof of it.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

5. It's true. My girlfriend bought one of the Dreamcasts which will not read CDrs. I had actually been meaning to ask the very same question. I tried to use a boot CD to play Rez on her Dreamcast. It would not recognise the CD.

Supposedly there is a work around though? We never arsed with it though since mine works fine...

6. I had 2 friends who got new DCs... both after 10/01. I gave them copied goods, and under no circumstance did it read it.

7. Well, you guys aren't giving specific dates, so that's not helping anyone. Care to list the dates if your DC does read non-GDROM sources?