Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1525272829

Thread: Super Gameboy Advance... Official

1. I'm just asking because from what I know save batteries eventually die or become unreliable. A played through half of Super Metroid months ago only to have my save erased, and my cousin got all the way to the end of Actraiser before his save went kaput.
    pwned by Ivan

2. I have a feeling that they've moved on to flash ROM. I'm not certain on this, but it might be cheaper than going the battery route.

3. Gee wth happened to this thread...

Originally posted by Jeremy
    Sidez, think of it this way. Those of us in the U.S. wouldn't buy a system without composite or S-Video, just like you wouldn't buy a system without RGB.
    Except, Jeremy, that RGB is actually a standard worth pursuing...

There are 4 TVs in the house, and the best they support is composite. But I've seen RGB in action, and believe me... it's gorgeous.

You can say Europe is insignificant all you want... but I think the bigger picture isn't "Why should Europe matter?", but rather "Why not pursue better standards?"

Sorry, I side with Sidez on this one.

4. What is a Flash ROM, simply? Does it die out ?
    pwned by Ivan

5. I think it's "writable" permanent memory... your computer's BIOS can be flashed to be updated.

ROM = Read-Only Memory

To "flash" something means to overwrite it and change it. So somehow you have a reliable way of updating the memory without it ever getting lost from battery drainage.
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

6. Awesome.
    pwned by Ivan

7. they had flash roms back in the days of the NES but i dont think theyve ever switched over to it no idea why

i think GBA games still uses batteries my guess would be its still cheaper *shrug*
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.