Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying a new tv, need some advice on features and picture quality

1. Buying a new tv, need some advice on features and picture quality

Does a flatscreen really improve the picture quality significantly? I can run my DVD player through component in on both TV's, the only difference is the Wega is flatscreen and has the 16:9 enhanced mode where it only draws lines on the section of the screen with the visuals on it during letterboxed movies. I'm wondering if at 27 inches the difference is noticeable, anybody have any advice?

2. Flat screen is overated says some - I says they're great and I can't stand curvy tube screens. Just make sure you get a good price on it - and a good price is one you want to pay - not one that says it's a good price.

As with anyone looking to buy anything. Be smart: www.pricewatch.com
    o_O

3. 16:9 rocks, and more and more games are supporting that as well (though it's a slow process). I say go for the better one, it'll be so much nicer and movies will look better as well. I have a 32" that is all of that, and I love it to death. Flatscreen and aspect ratio change make a large difference.

4. Once you get a flat screen, you won't want anything else.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

5. i concur flat screens are the way to go i got one last year and i hate regular tubes now
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

6. 32" wega here, and I love every inch. It was quite a splurge, and completely unnecessary, but it brings older games to life.

7. The Wega is worth every extra penny. Definately go with that one.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. Ditto to what Bbobb said Happy 32" Wega owner

9. Originally posted by Booshido
    I love every inch
    Oh yeah?

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

10. I still say that you get the $300 Toshiba, keep your $200 for videogames, a new console, booze, whatever, with the idea in mind that you'll probably get a HDTV not that far into the future.