Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Not impressed, this game is a real shame to Metroid for SNES, the game is a joke."

Originally posted by Schlep
    I was referring more to this:

As far as Bungie goes, they had alot more credibility than Retro going into the development of the game, just not in the console world. From what I've heard about Prime, I'm glad Retro was able to pull off a similair feat.
    I am a firm believer that Miyamoto did something to Retro to enable them to pull this off. No way was that group working alone. I think we shuld check for X-Files style neck implants.

2. Read the interview Nintendo of America had with Miyamoto and some members of Retro. They may answer your questions.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/gamepa...jsp?gameId=593

Getting NCL involved in the project early really helped to make Metroid a quality game.
    Read: We didn't know what the hell we were doing, so we called in the cavalry.

4. Members of EAD have been working with Retro for, like, the last year. Of course Nintendo had a lot to do with it, it's Metroid for christ's sake.
    PSN = knarlockk
    Steam= kevinb150

5. Give credit where credit is due. Retro had the primary hand in crafting what so far seems to be a hell of game. Nintendo's involvement doesn't take anything away from Retro's achievement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

6. Originally posted by Yoshi
    Stating that Nintendo is a superior developer to Bungie isn't fanboyism, it is fact

They finally came up with a standardised videogame-developer grading system, eh?

Originally posted by polywaggles

They finally came up with a standardised videogame-developer grading system, eh?
    Yeah. It's called track record.

8. I can't wait to see how all the morons in the Gaming Age forums drool over Prime for a week or so then proclaim it "overratted" all the while wasting their time trying to figure out how to have a coherent Metroid "conversation" with that brain damaged spaz, Mister Angry Face. Oh, the hilarity.

9. Hypocrisy is the nature of the net my friend.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

They had about as much crediblity as bungie before this game turned out to be amazing, remember? I seem to remember everyone shuddering at the thougth of a 3D metroid.

Heh, those were the days. I seriously thought Retro was going to screw this one up royally, then the demo came. Pride shattered.