Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Finished Love Hina

1. Just Finished Love Hina

Wow, what a good series. I have to watch the Christmas Movie yet (which is in my player at this time) but I can safely say, this is most definitely one of my favorite series. They got everything right; the writing is just amazing. Every time that I'd finish a disc, I couldn't help but feel a bit sad; the characters are so well done and the emotion in the writing so realistic, it's difficult not to love this series.

Ah well; now that Love Hina is over, I'm looking forward to His & Her Circumstances as a series. Hopefully something else will come along just as good. Love Hina Again should be coming out here I imagine.
    bastard of the new world order.

2. Re: Just Finished Love Hina

Originally posted by Jimmy Carter
    Wow, what a good series. I have to watch the Christmas Movie yet (which is in my player at this time) but I can safely say, this is most definitely one of my favorite series. They got everything right; the writing is just amazing. Every time that I'd finish a disc, I couldn't help but feel a bit sad; the characters are so well done and the emotion in the writing so realistic, it's difficult not to love this series.
    Actually, it's difficult if you read the manga beforehand. Some events didn't translate as smoothly to the anime due to the time and episode constraints.

On its own it's good though.

Ah well; now that Love Hina is over, I'm looking forward to His & Her Circumstances as a series. Hopefully something else will come along just as good. Love Hina Again should be coming out here I imagine.
    I've heard nothing but negative things about LH Again, so take that as you will.

And you will LOVE His and Her Circumstances. Solid romance comedy/drama stuff there.

3. I've got the first disc of His and Hers, haven't heard anything on Again, however.

My friend liked the LH manga over the tv series as well, but I wasn't able to adjust myself into it. I guess I just prefer the audio-visual experience.
    bastard of the new world order.

4. Originally posted by Jimmy Carter
    I've got the first disc of His and Hers, haven't heard anything on Again, however.
    It has more fanservice, that much I can confirm.

My friend liked the LH manga over the tv series as well, but I wasn't able to adjust myself into it. I guess I just prefer the audio-visual experience.
    I would too, except they made Motoko look incredibly ugly. She looked FAR better in the manga.

If you liked the emotional moments in the LH anime then you owe it to yourself to read the manga. And pray that the rumors of a second TV series of LH come true.

I want a 2nd Love Hina series almost as much as I want a continuation of the Sakura Diaries.

Anyone who has heard me rant on this topic before can confirm this.

6. Yes.. i read the manga beforehand.. i couldnt stand some of the show. It had its parts..

while most anime.. take atleast 100 eps.. to do a 100 plus manga chaps.. They where able to crap them out in 24.. eps... Then try to end with three of the worst eps of serries.. in Love Hina Again.. Dont watch Love Hina AGain.. its crap...

7. Pretty good series but just to see it one time

I've actually just started watching some of Love Hina. I like it.

His & Her Circumstance I'm more familiar with. The first episode of it, I hated it (I like SD shenanigans as much as the next guy, but it just goes nuts), but by the 3rd episode I was hooked. It really took a turn towards the more serious, relationship-y stuff. I usually don't like sappy anime, but it struck a chord with me. Very sweetly sad, in a way.

Sorry if I got too off-topic there.

9. Originally posted by Ex Ranza

Sorry if I got too off-topic there.
    You can never go wrong with His and Her talk

I am about to start watching Love Hina. Well, I've already seen the first DVD, but I'm going to watch the entire series with a friend of mine.

Tokidoki has a new article up for Love Hina found here:
    http://www.tokidokijournal.com/issue...9/lovehina.htm
    It covers every bit of Love Hina anime ever made.

The cover for this issue looks pretty damn sweet if you ask me:

- Kabuki

10. Love Hina is great. The Manga is the best but the series is really good to. The Winter and Spring specials are very good and the Spring Special is a great end for the series. DO NOT WATCH LOVE HINA AGAIN. It is absolutely terrible. Just consider Spring Special as the end of the series if you want to stay happy. As for me, my next series I'm looking forward to now is Chobits.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.