Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VF and Sonic series multiformat

1. VF and Sonic series multiformat

"Sega communicated today on a press conference the results of the first business half-year. According to Segas COO Tetsu Kayama is titles e.g. Virtua Fighter or Sonic become in the future multi-platform title. Are to appear fewer plays, but it will give some on several consoles. As example Kayama Sonic called: In the past Sonic (' Sonic Adventure 2 Battle ') exclusively came for the Gamecube on the market. In the future the title could at the same time also for other platforms, e.g. the Xbox, to appear. Further Kayama said that one will possibly develop no more sport plays due to the losses for the Gamecube. However this decision is not yet final and is internally discussed. Only in the next month for this a decision is to fall."

Hopefully this means Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution on Xbox and PS2, Virtua Fighter Quest on GCN (already confirmed) and Sonic Adventure 3 on Xbox and GCN.

2. Sounds good.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. Hope so - but there's no love lost if Sonic stayed on Gamecube (where he fits best).

ºTracer
    o_O

4. I hope Sonic isn't made primarily for PS2, then ported to the other systems.
    pwned by Ivan

5. That's my fear.
    o_O

As long as they don't make PS2 the base for developing any of the games I say go for it.
    Taking it one day at a time.

7. VF Evolution on the 'Box would make my year.

8. I like it better when Sega targets a specific console and optimizes the game in development for it. I can't help but be a little concerned by this.

Originally posted by Mr_Furious
    I like it better when Sega targets a specific console and optimizes the game in development for it. I can't help but be a little concerned by this.
    Agreed. I also wouldn't object to Sega designing a game around a single console then porting as long as the single console is NOT the PS2.

I would so like HOTD3 on the PS2 though... Guncon goodness....
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

10. Sonic should sell well on all consoles - and Sonic is the kind of game that appeals to all kinds of gamers - so this seems like a smart move to me.

Sonic for everyone.