Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neon Genesis Evangelion - Perfect Collection

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion - Perfect Collection

I've seen the first two episodes and liked them. I was just wanting to know if they are all pretty good and how many episodes are there per dvd and also if it is worth the $100 it costs. On Amazon it goes for about $140 retail $170 and I could get it for $100 and I'm thinking about it but want some more oppinions from other people.

2. Yes....get....now....The series does start lightheartedly, but it does get pretty serious and brutal toward the middle and end. Very cerebral. It's definately my favorite series ever.

Disks 1&2: 4 episodes per disk.
    3-8: 3 Episodes per disk.
    "I see the world didn't end yesterday."

"Are you sure?"

3. It could be a love/hate thing, I love it myself. If you care about the mech battles AND Shinji and the rest of the characters, then get it. If you're just in it for the mech battles (which are incredible all the way through), then you may be put off by the drama...plus it gets VERY serious and ambitious later on.
    pwned by Ivan

4. One note about the ending:

If you love the mech story, you will hate the ending. If you like the character story more than the mech story, chances are you will like the ending. If you don't like it, you will probably like the movie version (it's the same ending, only told differently). YMMV.

I like both.

5. Ok, I'll probably get it today if my pay check is close to $200 so I will still have gas money left over

6. Someone... who's never seen Eva before?

My favorite episode is "Both of You, Dance Like You Want to Win!"
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

7. Definately worth $100. Its my favorite series ever, the pinnacle of all the anime that I've seen.

8. i think it's good... but seriously overrated

if you really liked the first few episodes, then you'll probably enjoy the rest just as much

... me? i thought the mech battles were kinda weak (except asuka in EoE), and the story as a whole needed way too much outside explaination/speculation

it was still enjoyable though

9. Asuka in EoE = best action sequence ever.

Oh, and its a steal for $100 I paid $60 for my set second hand, so yout not getting ripped a new one or anything.

If you pick up the TV series, be sure to pick up both the movies too, they're well worth their retail price.
    http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/NGE42/fullnxe/card.png

10. http://www.uln.com/cgi-bin/vlink/702727030826IE.html

Link if anyone else is interested. I too must do myself the favor and pick it up when the time is right.