Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best stealth games?

1. The Mark of Kri deserves some credit here.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

2. Golden Eye 007!!!
    MGS is fun too... for the first time through..

3. Headhunter

Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance

5. Pretty much all been named:

MGS 1&2
    Tenchu Series
    Splinter Cell
    Hitman 2

6. I really like Goldeneye 007, Metal Gear Solid and Tenchu I & II.
    Am I missing something about Goldeneye? I never saw it as a stealth game, really. It seemed like the AI was always aware of your location.

7. well, goldeneye was sorta similar to tenchu in regards to stealth. you could kill every one, but you had to do it quietly.

8. Haven’t play Splinter Cell yet but my vote for now is for Tenchu, Tenchu 2 to be exactly

9. Originally posted by Error
    well, goldeneye was sorta similar to tenchu in regards to stealth. you could kill every one, but you had to do it quietly.
    Indeed... most weapons are loud thus setting the AI after you. But if you used your main gun with silencer, or even knives, you could kill one person without another one noticing.

That and the fact that you had to take out security cameras (my fav part!) made the game far different than any other FPS I've played.

10. Originally posted by Tain
    Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.
    I wish I'd remembered MG2: SS when making a list of my favourite stealth games for this thread. It is a great game...the storyline's absolutely peerless, and the AI occasionally seems to put up more of a fight than any other MG's did.

Originally posted by Tain
    Am I missing something about Goldeneye? I never saw it as a stealth game, really. It seemed like the AI was always aware of your location.
    It's been said before, but it's all about stealth assassination. I guess there isn't as strong a focus on all-round stealth in Goldeneye as there is in other stealth games. However, Goldeneye's focus on rewarding methodical, patient and sneaky killing tactics definitely makes it qualify as a stealth game of sorts.