Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zelda commercials

1. According to IGN, the music heard in the commericals is the overworld theme in the game. So it's a nice mix of the OOT theme and the original, I like it.

2. Awesome.
    One thing I can't shake is how much Link looks like he belongs in that old Rudolf claymation movie :/
    pwned by Ivan

3. Very nice, I loved the part where he side rolled out of the way of a boss' fire blast. I wonder if that'll be a new move!
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

4. Originally posted by PhlegmMaster
    Looks awesome, but after the (relative) disappointment that was SMS, I can't help but fear that Zelda is being rushed too. I remember Miyamoto saying that his games would be less epic, so that development times would be shorter.
    i've read every single Miyamoto interview (i even got a GameSpot Complete accoutn so that i can see him in that Metroid Interview), and not once has he ever said that. he mentioned that Sunshine would have a smaller development team cause it was meant to be a short game that would be played over and over again, but that wouldn't be the case with Zelda, that's why it currently has a team of atleast 30 working on it as opposed to the 15 that made Sunshine.

anyways, i'd really like for you to supply a link, cause he's enver said that.

5. I seem to recall him saying something similar. Something to thr effect of in the future, Nintendo will reuse engines and make smaller less epic games (like Pikmin). That doesn't mean they still won't make games like Zelda.

6. Originally posted by Lucas Barton
    i've read every single Miyamoto interview (i even got a GameSpot Complete accoutn so that i can see him in that Metroid Interview), and not once has he ever said that. he mentioned that Sunshine would have a smaller development team cause it was meant to be a short game that would be played over and over again, but that wouldn't be the case with Zelda, that's why it currently has a team of atleast 30 working on it as opposed to the 15 that made Sunshine.

anyways, i'd really like for you to supply a link, cause he's enver said that.
    I'm not sure it was Miyamoto, but I'm a 100% sure that someone from Nintendo said something like that. It was a while ago, though, so no I can't provide a link.

That said, I hope I'm wrong and the new Zelda will be just as epic as TOOT, and I'm glad there are more than 30 people working on it, as you said. However, just for comparison's sake, does anyone know how many people worked on TOOT, and for how long? And when has development started on the GC Zelda? It sure hasn't seen as many delays as TOOT, that's for sure.