Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8101112

Thread: 114 years of straight gameplay already served on Xbox Live...

1. Your self righteousness is nauseating.
    You probably don't think I'm a very nice guy...

2. Originally posted by teenwolf
    Again you all seem to miss the whole point of what I have been saying instead reducing it to arguements about single points and non-factual assumptive opinions about me "hating" MS, you completely ignore the statements I made which should induce questions about the state of MS, the xbox and the future of MS consoles. Even though you say you've "seen those numbers before" they don't seem to induce these questions in any of you, I wonder why...

My "opinions" about MS and the current and potential future state of the xbox come from economic numbers, basic economic common sense, modus operandi of MS, and a general knowledge of how the game industry has worked in the past. What do you have to support your claims about the future success of the xbox and MS in the console market, or for that matter how do you explain MS's failure to meet industry expectations?

I also love the criticism coming from posters who couldn't post rebuttals to my comments but who somehow feel as if they are scoring a big one when they throw out insults, logical fallacies or question my intelligence. Why not just hop on over to the gamefaqs boards, your kind of "logic" and "class" would certainly be quite welcome there.

It was interesting chatting with you Brotherman, and to a certain extent youandwhosearmy as well as a couple of others here who attempted to debate civilly, even it if was mostly just on singular points. I seriously doubt I raised any questions in anyones mind here, too bad really. Not too much purpose in going any further, to those of you who were decent to chat with I look forward to chatting with you on other non-xbox related topics. To those of you who weren't, keep on doing what you're doing, it will get you far in life, really, I swear...

Well basically I did ignore some of your points because they aren't worth debating, your right on some issues in my mind, and dead wrong on others.

I am well aware microsoft is monopolistc, and I am well aware of a lot of the facts you posted. It does not however affect my judgement of how they've handled the Xbox. I am happy with it and the way it has come out. It is a system that has given me very little trouble technically, and after a somewhat rocky start, restored my desire to play games. Sega's on board, now Rare, and Bungie, and by far it is the best multiplayer system ever...

Well the point is, I am not ashamed to say I like a microsoft product, a lot.

And this argument, the way it has gone, as shitty as its been has done nothing but to reaffirm why I felt the need to defend some of these accustations.

Again not everything you said was without merit, but some of it was definately left field man, and to be saying that shit without even bothering to mention other companies doing it as well, or maybe worse, well thats just wrong really.

I don't dislike you teenwolf, but I doubt I will agree with you on much.

At least you stand by what you said and didn't retract.

but I suggest we stop this now, cause this thread has gotten way off topic.

Later.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Oldham
    Sing a song of Madeleine-Mary
    A tune that all can carry
    Burly says if we don't sing
    Then we won't have anything...

3. If you could for once try to not be so verbose for once and please sum up what it IS you're saying. A post consisiting of 6468 words is not nessisary belive it or not. A good writer doesn't need such lenthy diatribes to express an idea. Your idea is important, not your argument (because it is simply not an issue like debating the consistantcy of a Bose-Einstein Condensate - this is fucking subjective). Say what you mean and clue us in, we have no idea why you're going on like this. Make your long story short.

ºTracer
    o_O

4. I'd like to thank YAWA from mentioning Steel Battalion first in that list of games... you have won a speacial place in my heart forever. Also you deserve a medal for actually going on this long, you must be one patient individual.

As for Mode7, God bless you... you always know how make me laugh out loug at work and make me look like an idiot.

D

5. Man, I just realized that I could actually call something long-winded. Damn.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

6. Yep, nice debate. You really got me to think on this one. As everyone said though it's time to let it go and accept that we disagree on some things. Have a great weekend everyone.
    Taking it one day at a time.

7. Just one thing that was touched on as one of the "flaws" of da 'box.

The DVD was done seperate becuase they would have had to pay the DVD consortimum for the rights for the Xbox to legaly decrypt a CSS encoded DVD. Which, buy the way REQUIRES terrtory lock-outs to be a "Legal" DVD player. To protect the copyrights of the movie studios. Hmmmmmmm I wonder what large company owns Electronics Companies AND movie studios?

Guess who one of the biggest members of this group is. [church lady]Hmmm the name is on the tip of my tonuge. could it beeeeeeeeee SONY?!?!?![/church lady]
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin