Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Discussion: Max Anime Development Project

1. Originally posted by 88mph
    How long should our "review" be?

I don't want to overwrite, or underwrite.

Should we review something we like, and don't like?

Bear with me, I have never done anything like this before.
    As awkward as this is going to seem, I'd say "as long as it needs to be." In the online format, length isn't such an exact science as far as word count as it is in print, so basically you'll be fine if you make it long enough to go into sufficient detail and short enough to not bore the audience. That, of course, depends on how much you have to say and how interesting it is.

BUT, as an editor I'd rather have a review that's too long instead of too short, because it's much easier to cut out unneccessary stuff than it is to end it back to the writer for lengthening. Editors sometimes have to cut stuff out of necessity, but no scrupulous editor would ever put words in someone's mouth.

For a working length, though, I'd say that the average review on TNL would be a good yardstick for length.

As far as the "like/don't like" thing, I'd be happiest if I got one of both, but if you're pressed for time as people often are, just send in one or the other. As long as it's not a non-opinionated like-everything deal it should be fine.

2. ..."increasing the amount of work" is something I've done for years and years...why else do you think we're still around while other .com's have bowed out?
    Awesome quote, bahn.

I don't have all that much to do with Max Anime per se, but I thought I'd chime in to thank CynicalSphere and to stress that Max Anime (or whatever it will end up being called) will not take resources away from TNL (other than bandwidth and such).

We have been endeavoring to give TNL all the advantages it has been missing, which is why we ditched our old affiliation, secured our own server, dismantled and rebuilt our staff, and called for a redesign and a database-driven site. The fact that some can simply ignore the ten or twelve articles we put up some weeks, while others insist that all our traffic is here for the boards when our server logs clearly state otherwise, is disheartening to a degree, so I can kinda see why bahn is so defensive.

Here, have a bookmark - on me. Go here

http://www.the-nextlevel.com

and press Ctrl+D/Command+D to add to your favorites. Then keep watching.

Holy shit! There is something besides boards?

YUO GOTTS BE KIDDING ME!!

4. Well, a small update on the situation from my end...

I've only recieved two applications thus far, and I've replied to the two people who sent them to me. I'm by no means trying to rush or hassle anyone, but I'm starting to wonder if almost everyone lost interest at once. O_o

If anyone has sent an app to me without getting a reply, then I haven't recieved it (I say this because for some reason or another, I hadn't recieved at least one app that had been mailed to me, which has now been resolved). If this is the case, please PM me or let me know in this thread.

That's all, I just wanted to address that communication issue, because I didn't know if it was an isolated incident or not.

5. It would appear so Cynical. Can't say we didn't try.

6. It's not that I lost intrest, it's that I've just become more apathetic and lazy...

meh

~Mr. K~