Thread: Halo Tops the 1 Million Mark in Record Time

1. Halo Tops the 1 Million Mark in Record Time

After just four months, Xbox and its leading title are achieving record-breaking status!

Since its release, <i>Halo: Combat Evolved</i> has been proclaimed by media and gamers alike as the "video game of the year", decorated with numerous rewards of excellence, and now has earned the honor as being the fastest million-unit seller ever for any next-generation console.

NPDFunworld reports that <i>Halo: Combat Evolved</i>" recently crossed the magical 1 million mark in sales in the United States and Canada. Marketing fluff translation - the game has hit it big.

<i>Halo</i> also has played a major role in helping the Xbox set additional key sales records in the United States in just four months following its launch. Below are just a few of the milestones which has help to put Xbox on the path of worldwide success:

<ul type="square">
    <li>With nearly four games sold for every system purchased, Xbox has a higher attach rate than any next-generation console. Data shows that in the four-month period following the launch of Xbox, owners purchased 1.2 more games with their Xbox system than PlayStation 2 owners did, helping Xbox achieve 82 percent more software sales than PlayStation 2.

<li> In just four months, Xbox has already catapulted to the No. 2 position among current game console sales.

<li> Since its launch, Xbox has outperformed PlayStation 2 sales by 25 percent when comparing system sales during the first four months of each on the market.

<li>The demand for ‘Halo: Combat Evolved’ has been incredible from the very beginning," said Pete Roithmayr, vice president of Merchandising at Electronics Boutique. "It’s reason alone to own an Xbox. Heck, it’s the reason to play video games. <i>Halo</i> is that good."

<li>We are thrilled that ‘Halo: Combat Evolved’ has won over Xbox gamers, with sales hitting 1 million units at an amazing pace," said Ed Fries, vice president of Xbox Game Content at Microsoft. "There’s nothing like it anywhere else. It’s only on Xbox. If you haven’t played [<i>Halo</i>],’ you’re missing out on the best video game experience available."
    </ul>

In related news, <i>Halo</i> is due for release in Japan on April 25.

<b>Source:</b> Press Release

2. In related news, cka still doesn't care much for microsoft invading the home video game console market.

Yep. Seems game sales wise the X Box is doing quite well at least. Good to hear.
    Taking it one day at a time.

It’s all relative. Compared to any other console at the Xbox's point in its lifespan it’s doing pretty good, but compared to the Playstation 2 right now it’s quite laughable. Though Halo's attach rate is pretty nice, even if the numbers aren’t that high.

Besides, I only need to point to Grand Theft Auto 3.

5. Halo is the best reason to buy Xbox; it just pleases on so many levels! I haven't met anyone who dislikes it yet.

6. Originally posted by piku
    It’s all relative. Compared to any other console at the Xbox's point in its lifespan it’s doing pretty good, but compared to the Playstation 2 right now it’s quite laughable. Though Halo's attach rate is pretty nice, even if the numbers aren’t that high.

Besides, I only need to point to Grand Theft Auto 3.
    And why would you do that? A comparison between a system barely 5 months old that is not riding on the coattails of previous hardware to a system thats established, and over a year old... yea, that makes sense....

7. Originally posted by spartan300
    Halo is the best reason to buy Xbox; it just pleases on so many levels! I haven't met anyone who dislikes it yet.
    which brings me to my next post: I'm calling you all out! Let's get an onlin game going, team slayer, 4-player squads...anyone down for say, next weekend, a Halo tourney?
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Redterrier