Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Azumanga Diaoh anime version

1. Azumanga Diaoh anime version

I see at least two sigs around here with screen caps, so I'm guessing that episodes are out there somewhere. What is the current fan status of this show? Is it fansubbed? Raw Japanese only? What formats is it in?

I've been reading the original Japanese release of the manga, and I LOVE it. Don't have cable, so couldn't catch the anime when it was on TV. The DVDs hit soon, but good god are they expensive. So, I'd really like to see this show. Anyone be able to do a CD-R swap or something for a few episodes, and in turn I could send you some Japanese TV programming or something? Or could you at least give me hints on where to find the episodes so that I can look around when I head back to the States for Xmas and will have broadband at my disposal?

Any replies, please drop me an e-mail, since I can almost never get in here. shidoshi@morningmayo.com

Thanks!
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. This might have been licensed already.

*checks*

--- SUPERTASTIC POWER MECHA EDIT PUNCH! ---
    Searches of the Anime on DVD License List and forum reveal nothing. Rumor from your standard anime store shopkeeper says ADV, but that's hardly surprising. It was featured in Newtype USA #1, but that's not necessarily an indicator of being licensed.

It's available on Kazaa, so you can probably download it from other places too.

Sidenote: Anime on DVD's forum is annoying. DC Forum sucks and is generally worthless for searches, since all text in a message -- including signatures -- gets thrown into the searchable database. Most threads on non-news items are generally useless regardless, since instead of providing an answer for "Is blahblah licensed?" they degenerate into speculation and fan commentary. A bit fat "meh" to the lot of them.

Oh.. just noticed he wants email. *emails shidoshi*

3. I've got the whole damn thing, actually.
    I'm trying to send the guy an e-mail, but my mail program keeps telling me 'no relaying is allowed.'
    Bah.

4. Caught the first ep. thanks to good man Kaneda. Not bad. Fun, lighthearted, simple, cutesy. The characters seem pretty likable so far and the dialogue is pretty good... I'm just wondering where the story will go.

Any word on a possible US release?

[Does Kaorin feel something for Sakaki~?]

5. I wouldn't put it past Pioneer. Hell they just released Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar stateside and that was one that I figured had no chance in hell of making it here. Good to see that Pioneer is taking things very seriously in the U.S.

6. ADV has the rights, but don't expect to see it before 2004.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

7. It's funny as hell, I was crying with laughter.

8. ADV is fine with me so long as we get more than 2-3 eps a disc. Though ADV has been slipping up a bit. I guess their dubs are too good a market for them.

9. I got all of the many eps off of kazaa. That crap cracks me up...hah..."I LIKE HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS AND STUFF"

10. Originally posted by missinghopper
    I got all of the many eps off of kazaa. That crap cracks me up...hah..."I LIKE HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS AND STUFF"
    Even funnier is that fact that guy is married

One of my favorite shows, defiantly worth looking getting on Kazaa (and on DVD of course once it comes out).

Link to the Translated Manga