Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS2 Gameshark 2

1. PS2 Gameshark 2

I was looking through NCSX's site and came upon this. Apparently the Gameshark 2 allows you to play dvds from any region on your PS2. I was thinking about getting a Japanese PS2 for playing games and region 2 dvds, but NSCX says Japanese PS2s only play region 3 dvds. I looked at the feedback for it at amazon, and some people have problems with it but that just seems to be with the memory card. (I don't plan on saving any codes or using any). Anyways, does anyone use this, or think it's a good deal?
    pwned by Ivan

2. The Gameshark 2 contains a product called DVD Region X. Region X kills the region lock on the PS2 by loading and blocking it before you load the DVD -- I think. Anyway, the GS2 should work for playing DVDs from any region.

As for Japanese PS2s only playing region 3 DVDs, I think NCS is confused. Japanese PS2s play only region 2 DVDs, unless you use Region X or a Gameshark 2. Region 3 is non-Japan parts of Asia, I think.

I've not had any experience with playing foreign DVDs with a GS2 or Region X, so I'm not sure how well it works. However, it ought to be a worthwhile purchase.

3. Thanks. As for the PS2 think, go check NCSX's site, it states that Japanese PS2s play only Region 3 dvds. I'd link, but its all on one main page.
    pwned by Ivan

4. They're confused. They mean Asian PS2s.

Japan is in region 2 for DVDs, as is alot of Europe. The rest of Asia is in region 3.

5. I use it for all my R2s (PAL and NTSC) and it plays 'em fine. I imagine it works perfectly with other regions as well. It's a bit of waiting and disc swapping, but they are minor inconveniences when I get to watch an import DVD on the couch instead of my computer chair.

6. Awesome. I'll probably get it later to watch region 3 stuff.
    pwned by Ivan

7. Well hot damn, guess what I'm about do try then.

8. I PMed Zenigata about this, but I'll put it here too in case anyone else can help me. I got flcl volumes 3 and 4 and a gameshark 2 today. I tried it out on a regular tv, and it worked fine. Then I try it on the hdtv with component cables, and when the dvd itself (not the gameshark screens, just the dvd) came up the screen went all pink and waving. I then went into the video modes for the ps2 and changed it into rgb, and the screen goes all pink and waving like the dvd. So I think, hey, maybe the dvd goes into rpg or something, so it'll right itself if the ps2 is in rbg. Nope, same problem. So I put it in S-video and it works fine. Thats cool, but there is a significant drop in image quality. Anyone know how I can get component to work?
    pwned by Ivan

Your PS2 is cursed. Cursed with VOODOO!!1

10. Oooga Booga!
    pwned by Ivan