Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GameNow!

1. GameNow!

Where did this mag come from? I just got my first free issue in the mail today, its seems ok...its better than some of that crap out there.
    "Punch the yeti! Win a free Llama!"

2. ... i think it's decent... maybe like EGM-lite... better than Gamepro... but i've found that their reviews tend to focus on the negatives, leaving very little room for any praise (with their JSRF review, they basically battered the game to hell, and then at the end said "but with all of these problems, the game is still tons of fun, and had great style... and they gave it a B+...)

also with the reviews, they are way too cluttered with pictures and other graphical things, giving them barely any room for the review itself, which ends up being only 2 or 3 paragraphs long...

still a decent mag... just not one that i would buy in the stands (i got it free as well)

[edit]i do like their wallstreet-journal-esque editor/writer portraits

3. at least it does not have as many ads as EGM does

Glad to see you got your free issue, hopefully I'll get mine soon. I'll post my impressions if I should ever get it.

5. yeah i signed up when GameGo! boards were still around, it takes some time

6. I finally got my first free issue today too. Pretty mediocre. But hey, free is free!

-Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

7. Still waiting on his FREE subscription

8. Originally posted by Despair
    Still waiting on his FREE subscription
    you are going to be waiting a real looooonnnnngggg time

9. Where did this mag come from?
    It used to be Expert Gamer, which in turn used to be EGM2.

10. i signed up for my free sub when everyone else did (right after XB/GC releases), and so far i've recieved 3 issues of GameNow!