Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tips for videogame storage/setup?

1. tips for videogame storage/setup?

long story short. i'm moving into a bigger room in my house.

where do i even begin looking for storing and setting up my ever growing gaming collection? what's cheap? what's good? should i put them behind glass? i was looking for something that can hold dvd cases, cd cases, box sets, and beyond.

thanks in advance.

Re: tips for videogame storage/setup?

Originally posted by Shinobi128
    i was looking for something that can hold dvd cases, cd cases, box sets, and beyond.
    There are these new pieces of furniture that everyone seems to be talking about. I think they're called bookcases. Yeah, you store stuff on them, and they fit many different shapes and sizes. If you ever see one, you might want to take a picture. They're the damndest things.

3. If you're really serious about meeting the needs of a growing multimedia collection, look around for custom shelf makers that can create furniture to your specifications.

If you're a bit less serious, look for pre-made shelves that are tall and that fit as many shelves as possible. Games / DVDs etc. are not tall, so you don't need lots of space between shelves.

4. Re: Re: tips for videogame storage/setup?

Originally posted by Yoshi
    There are these new pieces of furniture that everyone seems to be talking about. I think they're called bookcases. Yeah, you store stuff on them, and they fit many different shapes and sizes. If you ever see one, you might want to take a picture. They're the damndest things.
    innovative!

seriously though, where did you get yours? i've already tried kmart, walmart, and target. i've yet to see a "plain" bookshelf. i didn't like their selection.

5. I just got some really nice ones that weren't too much ether, check them out below

http://www.auvicase.com/floorack.htm

I got the ones on top, I think they where somewhere around $23 each... can't find my reciept though.

6. ikea!

7. great sites Werewolf, sggg.

i kind of like this one

revolving storage = space saver

I'm in the process of building some cabinets for my systems. I just moved into my new place so I'm feeling ambitious.

I'll post pictures when I'm done. It's gonna look sweet and all I'm paying for is a bit of presswood, some screws and matte finish spraypaint. All available at your local home depot/lowes

9. I just use some see-through black, stackable storage bins that I got from Wal-Mart for about $5 a pop. I've got one column of them going from the floor to the cieling.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan