Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dragon Quest 8 pics revealed?

1. Originally posted by dog$
    Kinopio you probably wouldn't like the game no matter what machine it's on, so what the hell do you care?
    I cared enough about DW7 to buy it. Why would DW8 be any different?

You suck at assuming.

2. Originally posted by xS
    Maybe Nintendo will lose it's monopoly when the two 2 Scandinavian mobiles are released?highly unlikely , though,
    Well, maybe... and if not those new models... maybe someone else will release some serious competition.

One thing about this industry is that it's so unpredictable. Nothing is ever set in stone. Sega overtook Nintendo, Sony overtook Sega... MS came out of nowhere. Atari died.. etc.

So, I don't think Nintendo can count on having a portable monopoly for ever just by virtue of being Nintendo.

3. hey i was reading somewhere.. that said.. that bout DQmonsters for GBA, and DQVIII are supposed to be released teh same day?

is their a reason for this...

Originally posted by xS
    Maybe Nintendo will lose it's monopoly when the two 2 Scandinavian mobiles are released?
    And maybe monkeys will fly out of my ass.

5. Originally posted by rama
    dragon warrior monsters any good?
    If, like me, you think a good part of the charm of the DQ/DW series comes from the monsters, then you'll get a kick out of this game. Ever wanted to have a nigh-invincible Metal Babble in your party? You can, if you work for it. Even with the strategy guide in my posession, this game is a massive undertaking. It contains virtually every monster from Dragon Quest 1-6, and a lot of the in-game areas contain music and familiar scenes/locations from those games. Add to that a couple hundred different spells/skills, monster breeding, TinyMedal collecting, etc. and you have yourself an impressive game.

I never got into playing Pokemon, but I had some fun with DWM. I did have a bit of a problem with the battle system since controlling your monsters manually disrupts the personality system and makes the use of items in combat a hassle. I also think the pace of the game is VERY very slow, even moreso than the actual DQ/DW games.

Bottom line, though, is that you'll like it if you've played a majority of DQ 1-6 and have the patience to get anywhere. I can't vouch for Dragon Quest/Warrior Monsters 2, since I haven't played those.

6. Great, DQ8 will be out around 2005-8 now. Fantastic.

7. Gamesarefun.com has better pics, here

The Toriyama look is more clearer in these pics. I never played any of the Dragon Quest games although I did really want to try the GBC ones, but I might give this one a try.