Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US sales charts for October

1. 1 Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Take 2 Interactive PS2 1,412,429 1,412,429
    Excellent. Now only time will tell if it has the same staying power as GTA3.

34 Animal Crossing Nintendo GC 51,277 156,414
    Hmm, I expected this to be a bit higher, oh well, it is a niche title, so those are decent numbers.

50 Simpsons Road Rage Electronic Arts PS2 32,481 351,334
    ... ... ... ... ... ...
    53 Burnout 2: Point of Impact Acclaim PS2 30,059 33,995
    What happened to 51, 52 and other numbers you skipped over?

48 Stuntman Infogrames PS2 33,110 334,524
    Yay!!! Hang in there!

2. Re: US sales charts for October

Originally posted by Andy
    NBA2K3 outsold Live 2003 on Xbox, where Live outsold 2K3 on PS2. Looks like Xbox gamers like Sega more than people think.
    Metroid Prime is selling through at rates well beyond any game launched this year for Microsoft Xbox, which is skewed almost exclusively at older players. i guess this means that gamers, and adults like GameCube more than xbox.

people really should give you more shit for saying things like that.

3. Contra is doing well, it seems.
    pwned by Ivan

4. Re: Re: US sales charts for October

Originally posted by Lucas Barton
    Metroid Prime is selling through at rates well beyond any game launched this year for Microsoft Xbox, which is skewed almost exclusively at older players. i guess this means that gamers, and adults like GameCube more than xbox.
    You really have no coherent idea what the comparison between what I said and what you think are, do you?

people really should give you more shit for saying things like that.
    People really should give you more shit for giving everyone else shit for no reason other than being a jackass
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

5. Re: US sales charts for October

You really have no coherent idea what the comparison between what I said and what you think are, do you?
    here, let me try again just for you...
    GameCube outsold xbox in november. Looks like gamers like GameCube more than people think.
    that's pretty much what you said, i just changed a few words.

6. For me to understand what your point is, you'll have to first go back and understand mine
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

7. Re: US sales charts for October

29 Suikoden III Konami PS2 53,907 53,907
    37 Contra: Shattered Soldier Konami PS2 43,075 43,075
    Hmm...I realize they were only out for a few days in October, but I wonder what the projections were for these titles? Because if they were expected to do 350k, they might not get there. Which would be a shame, really, but it looks like only a few titles are gonna be left standing after the holiday bloodbath.
    -Kyo

8. Gongos:

Animal Crossing is a niche title. The majority of people who play games (note: different from the term "gamers," so don't get pissy over that) want strictly defined objectives that can be accomplished with as little time as possible, not "run errands for suzy the turtle and then run around town a little while until the general store opens, then repeat the next day." It may be fun to you and your troop, but Johnny "No-taste" Public will simply look at the game and declare it to be crap or too time-consuming.

It's in the top 40 games on the market -- considering how many games there actually are to choose from, that's very good.

9. Considering AC's on a console with a relatively small user base, didn't have a huge marketing push or (I'm guessing by the look of it) a large development team, 150k isn't bad at all. It's not a barn burning number or anything, but it probably didn't lose any money.

Btw - I just noticed that Vice City in the space of a few days almost outsold Halo's grand total...
    -Kyo