Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Turrican

1. Turrican

I recently played Mega Turrican on the Genny. I was quite suprised by how good it is. Kinda reminds me of Mega Man, Bionic Commando, and Bravoman mixed together.

I got me a copy of Super Turrican as well, and am seeking the Original on the Genny. Are there any other Turrican games?

Anyone else like the Turrican games or know anything about them?

2. Yes, Mega Turrican and Super Turrican are great, but the original Turrican blew chunks.

3. I loved Mega Turrican, moreso than Super Turrican for some reason.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

4. "Original on Genny"? Man, did nobody play the Amiga here? Anyway, Turrican's pretty cool - kind of Metroidish in terms of the abilities and weapons you get. But it was also freaking hard, like every late 80s Euro game had to be.
    -Kyo

5. Originally posted by bloodyarts
    [B]ut the original Turrican blew chunks.
    Yep. It sure did.

Edit: Although, I must confess to playing the hell out of the game. One of my very early Genesis titles -- remember that weird cardboard box the game came in?
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

I have always liked the series. The original was great on Amiga and the Genesis port was really well done.

Factor 5 has an impressive development history.

http://www.factor5.com/history.shtml#1987

mikey Guest

C64

Is the Commodore 64 slipping from the collective memory?

Turrican was originally a Commodore 64 game even before it was an Amiga game. If you want the original version then that's the one to get. And Turrican 2!

8. All I have really played is Super Turrican, and its a great game! Really fun and pretty unique graphics and level layout. Its pretty damn tough like a lot of you have said. I need to play Mega Turrican though.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

Mikey, the Commodore 64 version of Turrican came out at the same time as the Amiga one, I believe. Both came out in 1990.

10. They were making C64 games in 1990!? Dang. I didn't even know there was a C64 version. (although wasn't Turrican '89?) Anyway, I'd have to say Super Turrican was the best of the bunch.
    -Kyo