Page 1 of 25 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: New SEGA games and the return of SEGA AGES

1. New SEGA games and the return of SEGA AGES

Doesn't look like this has been posted so here goes.

SEGA AGES (PS2):

Space Harrier
    Fantasy Zone
    Phantasy Star
    Golden Axe
    Monaco GP
    Alex Kidd in Miracle World
    Gain Ground
    Bonanza Brothers

Streets of Rage
    Tant-R
    Phantasy Star
    Phantasy Star 2
    Virtua Racing
    Phantasy Star 4
    Last Bronx

Price is 2500Y for each. Fantasy Zone, Golden Axe, Space Harrier and Phantasy Star are due out first quarter. Phantasy Star is a proper remake with completely redone graphics so i'd imagine that Golden Axe is the arcade version ditto Bonanza Bros.

More PS2 stuff:

Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution / 13/03/03
    Initial D Special Stage / 27/03/03

Nothing worth mentioning on Xbox or GC so I won't bother.

It's great to be a Sega fan ^___^

2. Sweet... a remake

ºTracer
    o_O

3. yay! 256K-2meg games taking up an entire PS2 disc.

Seriously Sega should be fined for waste of resources. 2500 yen or not, all of those games can, and should, easily fit on one DVD. Unbelievable. I remember when Capcom pulled this crap on the PSX, releasing every Mega Man game on a single disc.

The Phantasy Star gets a pass cause its a remake, but what of the other titles? If theyre not being totally redone too, its gouging.

Space Harrier is being rereleased. I never thought the day would come!

Seriously though, that sounds awesome. I just hope it comes out domestically.

edit: too tired... I missed where you said they're being sold separately. That blows.

5. Tant-R and Bonanza Brothers? Never heard of them.
    pwned by Ivan

6. Re: New SEGA games and the return of SEGA AGES

Originally posted by Sidez
    Doesn't look like this has been posted so here goes.

SEGA AGES (PS2):

Fantasy Zone
    Phantasy Star
    Alex Kidd in Miracle World
    Streets of Rage
    Phantasy Star 4
    Kickass! I wonder what the odds are on domestic releases? Because I'd rather check out the PS remake than the buggy GBA version.
    -Kyo

7. I am most excited about Last Bronx An arcade perfect version is well worth the 2500Y.

8. I like the way those Phantasy Star shots look. I never played throught the first, and was considering picking up Phantasy Star Collection GBA or the original release, since I just got an SMS. Then this pops up. Hmm....

9. Yes, there really shouldn't be a reason for all of this not to be through fewer packages... like one.

CHRIST! How many chances does Sega want to gives us to own Golden Axe? I believe I have it on four platforms... and I rarely play the damn game...

10. Re: New SEGA games and the return of SEGA AGES

Originally posted by Sidez
    It's great to be a Sega fan ^___^
    Can't wait for someone to sing praises about Sega being so original, take a crack at Nintendo in the process, what with all this Sega Remake stuff in the air.

Not that I mind - more games are good, esp. revivals. Then again, pointing out irony is just as fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.