4) Fatal Frame
    5) Contra: Shattered Soldier

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

3. Gamecube:
    1) Metroid Prime
    2) Eternal Darkness
    3) Pikmin
    4) Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2
    5) Super Mario Sunshine (screw you guys! I like it!)

Xbox:
    1) Gunvalkyrie
    2) Jet Set Radio Future
    3) Splinter Cell
    4) I dunno.
    5) I dunno.

Playstation 2:
    1) Virtua Fighter 4
    2) Rez
    3) Devil May Cry
    4) Shinobi
    5) SkyGunner

PC: (the PC has had a pretty lousy year IMO, so I'll just post the 5 games I played the most this year, even though some of them came out 4+ years ago)
    1) Planescape: Torment
    2) System Shock 2
    3) Fallout 2
    4) Age of Wonders 2
    5) Icewind Dale 2

4. I can only comment on what I have or had so here we go:

PS2

1. SSX Tricky - Probably the most I've ever played a racing game. Has a good amount of custom stuff and tons of replay value due to scores, times and unlockable stuff. Graphics still hold up today I beleive and it's a REALLY colorful fun game.

2. Shinobi - I think it brings back that classic challenge and still stays true to it's roots with that extra 3d 'umph'. Those TATE kills are the funnest things to do and just doing all this cool badass shit is great.

3. Contra Shattered Soldier: Another classic reborn and it plays just as well as the old ones if not better. Great graphics, tough as nails yet rewarding trial by death gameplay and cheesy yet fun story and kickass bosses nailed it for me.

4. Devil May Cry - An awesome action game that also kicked my ass in presentation and gameplay. It's pretty hard but also rewarding after getting good rankings and the cool bonuses you get. I can't wait for DMC2.

5. Virtua Fighter 4 - A great port of the arcade game and once Evo comes out I'm going to trade this one for that if all goes well. It's fun as hell finding out all the combos and complexity of it. Once you hook up with a friend who can play it at a good level it's an even better game.

Honerable mentions

-Shadowman 2 - Load times are the worse I've ever seen in a game and they're inexcusable but if you get past all that somehow you'll find an almost Metroid like game with all the enhancements you get plus the bosses rule and the puzzles are well done.
    -Gundam Federation vs Zeon
    -Rygar
    -Rez
    -Sled Storm
    -Drakan and the Ancient Gates - Very Zelda/Record Of Lodoss War type gameplay with a very big amount of customization and big as hell worlds and a kickass Dragon. When you're swarmed it's pretty cheap and it still has bugs in it which is annoying, but a solid game.

Gamecube

1. Metroid Prime - Best game on the Gamecube so far. Very immersive atmosphere, best graphics of any game I've played. Also another classic game done justice and then some.
    2. Super Mario Sunshine- Though not quite as epic as Super Mario 64, a great Mario game in it's own right. Very colorful graphics and amazing water effects, plus really fun water pack control mechanic.
    3. Waverave: Blue Storm - Kicks it's predecessor's ass with the great water physics and challenging harder modes. My launch game when I bought the cube, and it has some fun relaxing music.
    4. Eternal Darkness - Creepy as hell game, solid graphics and a good amount of replay. Atmosphere always felt like danger would get you any moment so paranoia set in.
    5. Resident Evil - I never played the original so everything was new to me. Another creepy as hell game and had me on edge for most of the time. Graphics(RE0 beats it) are still formidable.

Honerable mentions

FreakStyle
    Pikmin
    Star Ward Rogue leader
    Bloody Roar
    Super Monkey Ball
    Extreme G 3
    Super Smash Bros Melee
    NBA Street
    X-men Next Dimension

[U]GBA[\U]

Advance Wars
    Sonic Advance
    Golden Sun
    Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo Revivial
    Castlevania HOD

Honerable mentions are Castlevania COTM and Megaman Battle Network.

5. Not in any order, and including a couple games that aren't yet out but look like possible winners:

PS2
    Contra SS, Psyvariar, Battle Gear 2, Dodonpachi Dai-ou-jou (I'm sure it'll be good), Shikigami no Shiro, Energy Airforce, Virtua Fighter 4, Space Raiders (so much for a list of just 5 )

Xbox
    Raiden Fighters Evolution (I've got the JAMMA board and it's a good game... hope the Xbox version turns out likewise.), Shikigami no Shiro Evolution, Steel Battalion, House of the Dead III

GameCube

Mr. Driller: Drill Land, Ikaruga (if you don't have it on DC).

6. At least someone else posted PC games, even though they were old as hell and IMO PC had one of it's best years in ages..

ºTracer
    o_O

7. PS2:
    Ico
    Rez
    MGS2
    Shadow of Destiny
    Maximo

GBA:
    Mario Kart Super Circuit
    Advance Wars
    Wario Land 4
    Kuru Kuru Kururin
    Metroid Fusion

Cube:
    Metroid Prime
    Animal Crossing
    Pikmin
    Eternal Darkness
    Mario Sunshine

I'm not qualified to make an xbox list.

8. DC
    1.SF3 Third Strike
    2.Shenmue
    3.Sonic Adventure 1&2
    4.JSR
    5.VOOT

XBox
    1.Halo
    2.DOA3
    3.Splinter Cell
    4.Shenmue II
    5.Tekki

PS2
    1.Shinobi
    2.Devil May Cry
    3.Orphen
    4.The Way of the samurai
    5.insert any other game

GC
    1.Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
    2.Sonic Collection
    3.insert any other game
    4.insert any other game
    5.insert any other game

GBA
    1.Sonic Advance
    2.DBZ
    3.insert any other game
    4.insert any other game
    5.insert any other game

9. I'm using this thread as a reference for a "Wanted" list of games that i plan to buy...