Thread: B Sides version 2.0

1. B Sides version 2.0

This song, Impossible Pain, is probably the weirdest, strangest track any of you (who know my music) have ever heard me try. I won't even try to describe it, I'll let the title and music do that.

Feedback appreciated,
    ~Quinn
    Can't live without the classics...
    Original and Remixed Game Music

2. Before I comment on the song I just wanted to let you know that I was sitting in Digital Publishing class doing nothing so I head on over to your site and start listening to some of your work again. I had the speakers turned up loud so everyone could hear and they enjoyed it. I wish you had some of your older work still up on the site.

Anyways, on to the song. It is pretty good. It felt like a song you would hear in cave full of crystals in a rpg. The music sounds like you are in one of those hard ass locations with tough enemeis and you are always getting your assed kicked. Keep up the awesome work.
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

3. Thanks a lot, Andy. Very kind, very cool. ^_^

I'm assuming you're my only listener anymore, or just the only one that cares to leave feedback. I guess my string of no hits has scared people away

Thanks again, Andy, I appreciate it.

~Quinn

4. I'm not sure why you'd label this one a B-side, really, I think it's a pretty good atmosphere track. For instance, it would fit perfectly Garuberk Tower on the planet Dezolis in PSIV. Sci-fi alien structures, dark hallways, etc.

It's simple, but I like it more than the Tower and Trang, which I feel have similar themes.

5. Once again, you've managed to put out some quality work. It's a shame that games these days rarely have the feel of "care or compassion" within its soundtrack. But, as always, you can definitely hear that in your music. Keep up the good work.

6. Originally posted by Deewtaei
    Once again, you've managed to put out some quality work. It's a shame that games these days rarely have the feel of "care or compassion" within its soundtrack. But, as always, you can definitely hear that in your music. Keep up the good work.
    Some of the nicest compliments ever, Taei. ^_^ Thanks again for the listen.

(BTW, whats up with the band?)

Thanks again,
    ~Quinn

7. I just wanted to add that while I originally intended this track for gaming, it's specifics were based in the FPS genre. For me, imagining the darkest of Half-Life clones, complete with darkened tunnels and pitch black warehouses, the creepiest forms of creatures popping out of the darkness to get you.... There you are with your weapon, it's rapid fire the only source of light, snarl after growl after grunt coming from all sides....starting out a creepy, frightening level with this music seems to work best for me.

If you can't tell, I'd love to music for a FPS just as soon as I'd want to score an RPG. (or design a FPS, but alas, no programming skill, just a vision)

Thanks for the time,
    ~Quinn

8. The band is no longer. We played a show at Purdue in November of 2000, started some preliminary recordings for an LP, and soon thereafter had roughly 10k in equipment stolen. We tried moving on with some borrowed equipment so that we could finish recording but things just went downhill from there. In mid/late 2001 we got back together and became serious once again but never got back off the ground. Too many problems occurred too early in the process, heads collided, and we went our separate ways. It's a damn shame too. Some of our songs were better than 99% of the crap out today...if only things were different. There's still no better feeling than the music creating process.... ::sigh::