Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: Capcom and Sega sitting in a tree?

1. Regardless of what's going on, I can't see how a merger would be a good thing for anyone. There's going to be some negative repercussions from this action, I fear.

2. Originally posted by Taito
    Damn, it might be awfully difficult for Sega to compete in the arcades, with Namco/Konami ruling that market with an iron fist.
    Why? Sega is bigger in the arcades than both of them combined, how would a merger change anything?
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

3. Originally posted by Andy
    Why? Sega is bigger in the arcades than both of them combined, how would a merger change anything?
    "Both of them combined"? Are you sure about that? And does VF steal attention away from Tekken and DDR? I say if Namco and Konami made an effort to take Sega head-on and move their name out of the arcade market, it would be a fair fight.

4. Yes, I'm sure. I really wish Magic Box still tracked the arcade charts. Sega kills everyone in the arcade by far, and even moreso in America where it has the licences to practically everything.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

5. Originally posted by Andy
    Yes, I'm sure. I really wish Magic Box still tracked the arcade charts. Sega kills everyone in the arcade by far, and even moreso in America where it has the licences to practically everything.
    Lisences to what? NASCAR?

If you find a recent arcade ranking chart, let me know about it.

6. Do arcade rankings even mean anything now?
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

7. Originally posted by Mr_Furious
    Regardless of what's going on, I can't see how a merger would be a good thing for anyone. There's going to be some negative repercussions from this action, I fear.
    I agree. It seems like there's some confusion here; as if these hypothetical mergers were all about pooling creative talent and creating gaming masterpieces. During the height of the tech bubble there was a whole spate of mergers, but I don't see great benefits accruing to the consumer as a result, in terms of either quality of product or cost-savings. Consolidation in the technology sector, the energy sector, the media sector, ect. is hardly something to cheer about. Still, if Sega merging with Namco or Capcom helps save them from eventual financial ruin, I guess there may be a silver lining. But, I doubt it.

8. Originally posted by Jeremy
    Do arcade rankings even mean anything now?
    Nothing, arcades are like ghost towns this days... dead

9. Originally posted by Andy
    Sega kills everyone in the arcade by far, and even moreso in America where it has the licences to practically everything.
    Ummm, right, I'm gonna have to disagree with you there, yeah.[/Lumberg voice]

Last I heard, Konami is the ONLY company able to make a profit in the arcades, based solely on their Bemani games. Do you have any "proof" that Sega's the winner because Konami releases far more arcade games than Sega these days.

10. Originally posted by xS
    I think there is such a game for the genny.
    No, that wasn't handdrawn. They prerendered it, I think, it wasn't nice 2D, it was bad, bad, bad 3D.
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia