Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zophar's Domain closing?

1. Zophar's Domain closing?

http://www.zophar.net
    Woah. Lookit that post... first news in months and it ain't looking good. This site's been around for a while, too. I first learned about Game GO! here!

Oh, mods: feel free to move this to sound off if you'd like. I'm not gonna bitch about it. I couldn't decide.

2. The emulation scene must truly be dying if Zophar is calling it quits. I hope a new site takes up their slack.

3. Emulation is just one more thing that no one on the net can figure out how to make any money on - and that will be its doom.

4. Originally posted by haohmaru
    Emulation is just one more thing that no one on the net can figure out how to make any money on - and that will be its doom.
    Uhh... arent most emulation programmers just programmers who do it as a hobby? For that reason, its not going anywhere. Maybe it will get pushed more and more underground but its not dissapearing.

5. I've been noticing that as well. Most emulation sites are dead nowadays. Zophar has gone weeks at a time with "No News" I guess emulation has gotten as far as the developers are willing to go.

6. Strange message. Why the countdown clock, though?

I bet if you click on ZD the first of next year, you'll get some watered-down version owned by Amazon.com or something.

7. Well, that's sad to see.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

8. Hmm... now I hear there's little random messages hide the original HTML for the page... some of the messages don't sound too depressing...
    <!-- Glock Glock bo bock bananfanna fo fock...me my mo mock...GLOCK! -->
    Some are downright disturbing...
    <!-- I once shot a man just to watch him die. Just to see if smoke really rises from the wounds in the dead of winter. -->

9. Do not disturb. Johnny Cash is sleeping.

10. I haven't seen that Bourdillon quote since the ad for MK3. Maybe they're revamping the site.