Thread: Wanted: modded Sega Saturn controller

1. Wanted: modded Sega Saturn controller

I'm looking for someone that can mod a Sega Saturn pad with a Playstation plug on the end....I'm sick of playing a lot of my games with the PS pad...PM me and let me know what it would cost, and the button layout, I have a pad already, just need the work done....thanks.....

2. Hmm - I can do that PM sent!

Here's a (fuzzy) shot of my own PS controller, BTW:

http://www.aloha.net/~the_matt/psxpad.jpg

The red button on top is for select, and although you can't see them very well, there's 3 autofire switches in the center.

- Matt

I don't suppose you can create a converter instead of modding an existing pad could you? I've been trying to find one, but I don't want to have to sacrifice one of those precious pads when I use 2 saturn pads across 3 or 4 different systems right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

4. Making a converter like that isn't really possible for an ordinary guy like me - decoding one controller's output and then adapting it to another system is very complicated.

The next best thing would be to adapt a Saturn pad to a generic joystick pinout (such as the Neo-Geo's) which uses separate wires for each button. Then, one could build adapters for various different systems (including one for the Saturn, so you wouldn't really lose a controller).

This works really well, actually. For some reason, though, it's not quite as cool as seeing a Saturn pad with a PSX cord sticking out of it

- Matt

Yeah, I figured that. Doesn't matter now, I just got home with a badass PSX joystick, happy days are here. Whee!
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.