Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elemental Gearbolt. Do I buy?

1. Elemental Gearbolt. Do I buy?

Hey, I work at an EB, as I've mentioned before, and one of the only cool things about it is the ability to spot the games that get traided in before they get put out for sale. That way I can pull anything aside that I want. Recently we got Elemental Gearbolt traded in and it looked pretty cool. I was wondering if it's good and if it's worth $34.99.
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.

2. Greatest light-gun game ever.

Incredible atmosphere, music, and cutscenes with tons of secrets and score-based gameplay rewarding precision shooting and memorization. It's not as fast as something like VC, but the slower pace suits it really well.

3. Most definately YES Its a great game, and best, or atlest one of the best light games on PSX(like we had many of those).

I pretty much agree with what Mech said.

4. Its is great.

Its one of those games, like skeleton warriors that you pick up an extra copy to keep in your cd player...

oh man.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Oldham
    Sing a song of Madeleine-Mary
    A tune that all can carry
    Burly says if we don't sing
    Then we won't have anything...

5. must buy...even at $35...if it's complete and m/nm

6. I bought this on Ebay after the fact so I went in with pretty high expectations from things like -

Originally posted by MechDeus
    Greatest light-gun game ever.
    and was let down, but only somewhat. It is an overall incredible game, but pretty snooze worthy until you figure out that it's unlike any other light gun game and you shouldn't be expecting the same type of thrills. It's about knowing where to shoot and when, and doing so consistantly and carefully to get combos. Not entirely my bag of chips, but I can see why people love it, and even I would say it's worth 35 bucks, easy.

7. Do not hestitate. Buy it. Aside from being an excellent light-gun game (and there really aren't too many of those), and aside from having ridiculously cool art and character designs, Elemental Gearbolt has one of the single greatest soundtracks in videogame history. (It's subjective, of course, but I'd be amazed if you weren't thoroghly impressed by the beatiful and haunting musical score.)

One more time...buy it.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

8. Great great great lightgun game. You should most definately pick it up and get a friend and two guncons. And as everyone said the soundtrack is amazing. I have the soundtrack CD at work and we listen to it at least once a week.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Plasma Guest
    Hesitation will cost you dearly.

10. Best atmospheric shooter ever made and that's not just light gun shooters. The best reason to own a Guncon.