Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chrono Trigger!

Spoilers

The whole secret developers ending was great. You were asked would you like to see a Chrono Trigger 2? Great ending and somewhat difficult to attain.

2. Originally posted by Tsubaki
    But one of their arguable additions was the multiple paths, and while choice is generally always good... it's why I hate the game.
    LOL! Too many endings makes it bad? I just played through it once, enjoyed the heck out of it, and left it at that. Unless you really, really like it, what's the point of seeing all the endings anyhow? Once is enough, thanks very much!

Did I also mention that if you bought a used copy, it could very well be from the first pressing that, 80% of the time, won't load on your Playstation?
    I must have been lucky... With my copy of FF Anthology, it's the FF2 disk that crashes on bootup, not the Chrono Trigger one

Fixed that problem by switching my PSX's laser, though.

- Matt

3. Cart is the only way to go with Chrono Trigger. Now that the PSX version came out, it can be had for about the same price ($35-$50). So why would you buy the inferior PSX version if the cost isn't an issue? No excuse not to eBay it now, since it was going for near a hundred just a few years ago.

I liked how you didn't need to replay the game each time you wanted to see a new ending, you just played through on Game +, saw an ending, then reloaded your save and played past that point to get to the next ending. I think I did around 8 or so endings before finally stopping.

SPOILERS:

The one ending I didn't get yet but wanted to see was if you finish the game while Chrono is "dead." Then nobody cares to revive him? I have to play through the entire Ocean Palace to see that one though...

4. Spoiler:

If you finish the game with Chrono dead, the ending will progress the same way as it normally does. Except this time, when you go to where the original teleporter is, everyone comes flying out of the gate. They all got together to find a way to save Chrono, and from there I've forgotten the rest.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

5. If they released a console that only played 1 game, and that one game was a new Chrono game, i'd buy two of them.