Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 1113141516 LastLast

Thread: Official Canadian Discount Thread

1. Magic Pengal for PS2 is $19.99 at FutureShop.

2. Future Shop has Rayman 3 for PS2 and Xbox for $14.99.

3. 89.99 CAD for a gamecube!

GAH! I just saw this while puttering around the web... Futureshop is having a deal on Gamecubes for... 89.99! Its usually 139.99, right? Well, twenty bucks off right away, and then another forty off from a mail in rebate! The thing is that the rebate is only good if you purchase your gamecube between the fourteenth and the sixteenth, meaning that today is the last day! AHHHH!

I was kinda thinking about picking one up, but I guess I HAVE to now...

Go check out Futureshop.ca... I only hope that this applies to their brick and mortar stores too since they're all sold out online...

Sigh... I guess nobody else really cares, eh?! Anyways, I'll bump this up to the top and then let it die again...

Oh, and its actually 79.99 CAD... my bad...

4. WTF

Shiiiiite! Gamecube finally hits a price I simply cannot refuse..... and it's sold out before I could get to it.

Hopefully it's valid at the real stores too.... and the local ones are not also sold out. But for this kind of deal I would guess it's probably too late for me.

Oh well, the way things are going I won't be surprised if a deal like this comes up again soon. Anyway, I'll try the 2 downtown MTL Futureshops tomorrow (the 17th).

Edit: 2 notes. 1) The Futureshop website has store stock info. It says it's still in stock at my MTL locations. 2) Also, it seems you can order online at the discounted price even tho it's out of stock? I wonder if that would work with the rebate too?! I may do that if it works. I am in no rush to get the system anyway, I just can't pass up the deal.

5. Thumbs Up pas de cube

Well.... we called this morning and icepop ended up stopping in to get a DVD. The sale was also on in-store and they had a lot of systems in stock! That was surprising. When Sly Cooper cost $10 I could not track a copy down... but people were not biting on this.

... including me. I decided not to get it. It just didn't seem worth it, even for low low price of $80c. I was extremely tempted but I could not justify even paying that meager sum for a system with hardly any software I want, mainly since I am trying to watch my finances and since I'd need to buy a game and mem-card too. If I was flush with spending money I would have splurged - if but just for Billy Hatcher and the multi-player games - but at this point it would be a totally unneeded luxury for me. I'd rather spend that money on some PS2 games, a few CDs, and dinner.

I hope other people were able to take advantage of this deal. If not, it seems pretty likely that there will be similar deals in the future.

6. I was going to post this too, and I can't cash in either - just had a whole bunch of work done on my car, so I'm tapped. Best Buy, Future Shop, and Zellers all had really good deals in their weekend flyers, but I don't know if the $40 rebate still applies. Walmart had a bundle with the GB Player, and Zellers had SFA as a bundle. GH titles are $20 at most of them too.

7. EB Canada has a few good deals:

Gunvalkyrie - $9.89
    Panzer Dragoon Orta - $29.99

8. Wal-Mart

Nintendo's E-Reader - $28.86.
    all PS2 Greatest Hits - $19.99
    F-Zero GX - $57.83
    Mario Golf:TT - $57.83
    Zelda: Wind Waker - $57.83
    Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Pinball - $33.86
    Mega Man Zero 2 - $29.86
    Mega Man X7- $39.83
    Voodoo Vince, Midtown Madness 3, Splinter Cell (PS2) - $39.96
    GTA:VC - $ 29.83
    Primal - $39.83
    Enter the Matrix - $45

PS2 Online Bundle with DVD Remote - $250
    XBox Clone Wars/Tetris/BLINX Bundle - $240
    GBA (Indigo) and Pokemon Sapphire - $120
    GCN/GB:Player - $155

9. WTF

XBOX+ KOTOR AND MECH ASSAULT+ 2 MONTHS FREE XBOX-LIVE = $279.99!!!!

ONLY IN CANADA!!

OMFG!!!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold
    XBOX+ KOTOR AND MECH ASSAULT+ 2 MONTHS FREE XBOX-LIVE = $279.99!!!!

ONLY IN CANADA!!

OMFG!!!

Yeah, saw this today at EB. Awesome deal.