Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zelda and Mario confirmed for US Animal Crossing

1. Zelda and Mario confirmed for US Animal Crossing

Here is the story, straight from Planet Gamecube...

-------------------------------------------------------------

As for the new NES games in Animal Crossing, as you may have guessed by now, unlocking them early requires the GameCube Action Replay. This information could be considered a SPOILER, so scroll down if you really want to know which games are left on the disc.

It's been known that both Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda are both hidden on the Japanese version of Animal Crossing. We can now confirm that both are included in the North American version as well. There's no telling when Nintendo will announce the in-game codes to unlock these treasured classics, but you can get them much earlier with the Action Replay. Datel has already discovered an Action Replay code to unlock Zelda, and they are currently working on one to unlock Mario as well. Remember that once these games are unlocked, you can also download them to your GBA for portable play.

2. I'm glad that Planet GameCube confirmed it. I had already mentioned this in the official AC thread.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. All I can say is... sweet

4. Now, if they can make a GameShark code that will allow you to send "rare" NES games to people who don't have a GameShark or enough energy to earn them on their own.

I hope Nintendo rereleases the Japanese Super Mario Bros. 2 in some form. The SNES All-Stars version doesn't do justice to the FDS original.

6. I wish Animal Crossing was online, well other then the the community thing Nintendo could upload more NES games too ... plus another game to use the modem or broadband adapter would be good too

7. Originally posted by NeoZeedeater
    I hope Nintendo rereleases the Japanese Super Mario Bros. 2 in some form. The SNES All-Stars version doesn't do justice to the FDS original.
    Please explain. I thought the only changes were the color of poison mushrooms and the continue system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

The Lost Levels was botched in the same way Super Mario Bros. 1 was. I can't explain it well but the feel is off. When you hit bricks the timing feels really awkward.

But if SNES SMB1 feels fine to you then The Lost Levels/SMB2 will too.

I have no problem with the ports of the American Super Mario Bros. 2 or Super Mario Bros. 3. Those make Super Mario All-Stars worth owning.

9. Wasn't "the Lost Levels" also in the GBC version of Super Mario Bros.?
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

10. very cool
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.