Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Zero Gunner 2

1. Zero Gunner 2

Zero Gunner 2

Update: J2d is back, with a first round clear.

Code:
    1.  Rob                 2,876,850 - Stage ALL - Hokum
    2.  J2d                 1,342,800 - Stage 2-1 - Apache
    3.  danhaigh            1,336,950 - Stage 2-1 - Apache
    4.  MrMonkeyMan           984,550 - Stage 1-7 - Hokum
    5.  cigsthecat            790,150 - Stage 1-6 - Hokum 
    6.  BioMechanic           735,850 - Stage 1-6 - Apache
    7.  Skinny Puppy          601,000 - Stage 1-5 - Hokum
    8.  DjRocca               578,450 - Stage 1-5 - Hokum
    9.  amerrykan             560,250 - Stage 1-5 - Hokum  
    10. Victrix               531,900 - Stage 1-5 - Hokum

Set your game to Arcade difficulty and hang on.

2. Here goes:

735,850 1-6 Apache

I have problems with the 1-5 boss - he usually gets me at least once - although it was TWICE on the above score. Grrrr - I was on a roll too.

Also, I usually do rather poorly with the Hokum, although based on the other scores, it seems like it can deal plenty of damage. I don't like using it because I have trouble controlling the direction of the homing missiles. I prefer the Apache due to its powerful special attack - nice for bosses - and I can direct its guns easier.

Any Hokum tips?

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

3. The Hokum is definitely the way to go if you're looking to play for score. Contrary to popular opinion, charging your bombs fully does not change the base value of points received for E items - It's 50 points each either way. So for quicker-charging crafts like the Hokum and Commanche, don't hesitate with letting loose a little extra firepower on a boss or two. The Apache is the only one you really have to worry about being judicious with.

Regarding aiming the homing missiles... You really don't want to. They excel at picking up all the stray enemies in the corners that you can't rotate to pick up yourself, and it's amazing how much that will affect your score. If you really need to direct their fire, get nice and close to whatever you want dispensed with.

4. Cool, thanks a ton for the tips, Mode7! For the life of me, I just can't handle the Hokum, for reasons I can't yet figure out. I usually get wasted mid 1-4. I score pretty decently, but don't survive nearly as long as with the Comanche or Apache.

I'll give it another shot though!

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

5. Nice to see another player here Bio. When I first started playing I just assumed Hokum would be the slow but powerful (worthless to me) type of ship. But here you basically get more firepower with no speed loss. The unpredictability of the missiles is made up for by using the "sucking" technique.

6. 385,200 1-4 Hokum <- Weak? Yes.

I haven't had a good run yet, but I figured I'd post.

7. I'm usually afraid to post in these type of threads because I suck at shooters(though I love the genre) but I decided, why not. Maybe it'll encourage me to practice more. Anyway, I recently started to play this game again the past couple days and my high score is 400,450 on stage 1-4 with the Hokum. Everything was set at default and I used no continues. Yes, I know, nothing compared to your scores, but I'm trying.

8. Great to see you here UndeadKing- I'll put this score up but for the next one make sure and set the game to "Arcade" difficulty; I think the default is one lower. And that's not a bad score at all.

9. Oops, I figured Arcade was the default difficulty. I just changed it and wll work at getting a good score. Sorry about the mix up.

EDIT: Feel free to change my high score to my new Arcade difficulty High score. 371,050 on level 1-4 with Hokum. Not quite as high as my last, but I'm sure I can improve.

deathwishkersey Guest
    Here's my best so far, I'm expecting to improve upon it:
    375,100 - 1-4, Apache