Thread: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

I have just about completely finished Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 on the PS2. Coming from an EA hater, I think it is th best racing game since the original Daytona. Does anyone know about the first Hot Pursuit? What platform(s) was it on? Is it anywhere near as good as 2?

2. Hot Pursuit was on the PSX and helped revatalize the NFS series which took a HUGE nosedive after the second game. The first game helped give the 3D0 some racing muscle, and the Saturn and PSX ports gave it a wider audience. I've been a fan of the series since its' inception and I'm glad to see that it has kept up a steady stream of quality games. The original Daytona will never be topped, in my opinion.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. I was thinking about getting NFSHP2 for Xmas. Does it stay fun all the way through, and do you use manual or auto transmission?

It has remained fun for me throughout. The modes with the cops are just awesome. I use automatic transmission. I always have in racing games for whatever reason.

BTW, get the PS2 version. Both the GC and Xbox versions are awful by comparison. EA was lazy as hell on that port.

5. EA farmed the ports out to different developers, which is why the results were so disasterous. I'm with Yoshi, automatic transmission is the way to go for racing games. It just lets me take my mind off one less needless thing and enjoy the game more. If you've enjoyed other NFS games, this one should last you quite some time. Hell, I still play the first game.

Amazing how the series is nearly eight years old.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

6. I have the first NFS:Hot Pursuit on my PC. Its one of the games that keeps me from parking a Nuclear Device in front of EA headquarters.

I can't figure out why, but part2 just doesnt play well on any PC ive tried the demo on...
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin