Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Zelda scores a perfect score in Famitsu

1. While we are correcting grammar and spellin' mistakes:

Originally posted by haohmaru
    I don't care how good the game is (and I *do* hope it's good), but you're logic is flawed a bit.

2. Originally posted by haohmaru
    OIC. Ever heard of Blind Faith?

Seriously, have you read the review?

I don't care how good the game is (and I *do* hope it's good), but you're logic is flawed a bit.
    Uh, I was completely kidding. Like most of the internet, I've never actually read an issue of Famitsu so I can't really comment one way or the other. I was just referring to the fact that the esteem with which they're regarded seems to be based on an undercurrent of thought not too far off from what I was saying. Their famous standards seem to have slid by the wayside a little in recent years, although like I said in an above post, that's not really too big a deal.

Uh... it wasn't. And that's "sarcasm". No joke. It's spelled that way.
    Yeah it was. And you used the wrong form of "your" in the first quote
    -Kyo

3. Why can't magazines get a score from everyone who has played the game, and then take the average of that and just print that?! Oh wait, that would be massive amounts of work and would make writing a review for it pointless because everyone already has a game. So why not get someone who has played video games a lot, and get their opinion on the game. I know it sounds crazy, but it might work.

Just because you like the game less, or like the game more means little. It sounds like a lot of you don't want people to even write reviews, but then the same people would just write "I wish someone would review it."
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

4. ^ I thought there ARE Japanese mags who do that ? Isn't that what that huge list of all the games on a given system with scores independant of the magazine's own review scores is for ?

Or am I totally mistaken ? And been reading that list wrong all this time ?

5. Originally posted by Cafeman
    While we are correcting grammar and spellin' mistakes:
    =D

Originally posted by StriderKyo
    Uh, I was completely kidding. Like most of the internet, I've never actually read an issue of Famitsu so...
    I didn't know the internet could read...

In any case, enough of the grammar horseshit... My bad for starting it.

GameFan was well respected too and let us not forget the infamous Cybermorph review - which sums up my entire rebuttal in a nutshell.

Just based on what the the "new" Link looks like, I couldn't give Zelda a 10/10 regardless of the rest of the game. They destroyed him.

6. A bit off topic, but...

...have you guys seen the 18 minutes ruliweb movie? It shows the (interactive) intro to Wind Waker. It looks really great, but has anyone else noticed that there's a bit of slowdown every time Link hits an enemy? I wonder if it's intentional, and if so, if it can be turned off.

EDIT: Okay, I've watched it again (godDAMN this game looks awesome), and I was wrong. There's only slowdown when Link finishes off an enemy, which kind of makes it more dramatic, I guess.