Thread: Spike fanart

1. Spike fanart

Check it out, feedback as always is appreciated.
    http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/orig...pikeupdate.jpg

2. 38 views and no post, i must suck beyond words, maybe i should rename the thread LOOK MAI'S Titties.

3. LOL!

on the contrary, it's pretty neat. I like the theme.

Amazing, actually. I like that rain effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.

5. interesting view there... the puddle looks a bit... non-watery... the edges are bit fuzzy...really nice ripples though... the rose's shading should be darker in some places especially if its lying in a shallow puddle. I assume the light source is not directed directly on the rose, but then why is it so light... you do have shadow from above... but I personally think it would look better darker like the one's in his bouquette are very dark... and arent they in the same lighting? is there a steet lamp I'm just not aware of? I love the guy though and the view... the composition is good... could be better though... maybe more of a zoom out showing more of the pavement or a croping perhaps.. the white building with teal lines criss-crossing it could be sharper... But OVer all I think its a beautiful drawing and certainly better than I could do.
    [Insert large, loud, flashing signature here]

6. Cyco thanks for all the input, wish i had someone like you to do critiques for me back in college, maybe then i'd have a halfway decent portfolio. My family is even worse the see my work through rose colored glasses or something. Wish i would've had the input before i submitted it though, maybe i would have finished first at animenation.com nov contest. taking all suggestions into consideration and will be posting an update soon.

7. looks more metallic than watery

maybe use less color in the reflection? or add a blue hue to the reflection?

otherwise, i really like it

8. Nice, the colors stay very close to those seen in the credit sequence on the TV show. The rose does seem kind of flat though, if there would be some way to make it pop out more.

9. I'm a little late to the party but heres some feedback if you still want it :

- Awesome theme/setting/concept. The whole thing conveys the emotion and style of the opening sequence very well

- Perspective is off in the puddle. Given the reflection, Spike and the city in the background would be floting sideways, directly on top of the puddle. Of course, that can be overlooked... for artistic effect

- Like Cyco says, the light sourcing is a bit ambiguous... the light doesn't seem to be coming from anywhere at all

- You colors are inconsistent... theoretically, background objects are of a more neutral, less saturated color than foreground elements. Thus the city should not be bright, clear shades of color.

- Your Spike and roses have a great color style to them.. a sepia/brown kind of shade. If the rest of the palette was based more upon this character's color scheme, the piece would look more uniform and the light more convincing.

Anyway, that's just me... it look great though! I'm just nitpicking

10. Interesting view/angle.My necks hurts.
    Damnit!!GEO!!!!!