Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SSF2X Discussion

1. SSF2X Discussion

Ahh, SF2. The beautiful game whereby noone has any excuses for doing poorly. Which chars do you guys use? For me it's;

N.Bison - General purpose, awesome AA options and can keep applying pressure
    O.Ryu - Against Sagat or Honda

Using Japanese names here. The main match ups that I have problems with are against a decent Guile or Deejay. Not impossible but they give me the most heart ache.

Protip: SSF2X on Dreamcast is probably the best version. No loading, DC stick can be used and an RGB patch can be applied to the ISO.

2. Guile, Fei-Long, the shotos, and Balrog(Bison.j) are some of my current faves.

3. O.Ryu? N. Bison?
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

4. I started out as a Guile player, ended up as a Vega player because I could stomp my friends without even looking at the screen with him. It got kinda boring, actually. SF2 was without question the most addictive game I've ever played in my life, but these days my enthusiasm has waned. King of Fighters pretty much killed it.
    -Kyo

5. StriderKyo, Im not at all surprised you prefer KoF nowadays, I mean, it does have that "punching gimmick".

6. Originally posted by Clash_Master
    O.Ryu? N. Bison?
    Old Ryu, New Bison. You can chose different versions of the same char in SSF2X. Old Ryu for example does not have the F+SP dash but makes up for it with faster fireball throwing and his shoryuken rapes everything.

7. <---
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

8. Oh, neat. I really need to get this version of the game. The load times for the collection versions on the PS is insane. And when I used to play this game I used Ken and Fei Long.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

9. I mainly play Hyper Fighting (as that's all I have easy access to) but in general I play everyone but the Shotos, Guile and Blanka. My faves in HF are Balrog, Zangief and Chun-Li. I think HF has the ultimate version of 'gief since his 360 is lovingly tickable and it's the last version to lack a missed throw animation.

I play Chun-Li rather cheaply -- abuse that special limited-edition Yoga Flame motion fireball and use it to setup throw opportunities. It's all about the throwing.

10. Originally posted by diffusionx
    StriderKyo, Im not at all surprised you prefer KoF nowadays, I mean, it does have that "punching gimmick".
    The punching gimmick is really what made that game. Because if it were all kick moves, guys that have no kicks like Heavy D would get killed and the game would be totally unbalanced.
    -Kyo